Insurance scale-up hired a Strategy and Operations Manager through Movemeon.
The successful candidate previously worked at EY.
This company was supported by Max, Freelance Team Lead.
An in-depth description of the role
Start date: ASAP
Length: 3-6 months with a potential extension (candidate progressed to a perm position)
Day rate: £450 per day
We are working with a very exciting scale-up in the insurance space. With over £200m of funds commited, the business is going to go through a rapid phase of expansion over the next year. The business is currently a team of 20, and is expecting 10x growth this year, and also expanding into New York and SE Asia.
The new Head of Strategy and Operations is looking for someone to join the team, and help drive forward key projects to the business as they get ready to scale. There is potential for this to turn into a permanent role for the right candidate.
You’ll report into the Head of Strategy and Operations, working as their right-hand. You’ll lead key projects for the business, as it gains regulatory approval and sets up the systems required for scaling. Your work will be critical to the business, and will as such be across the business and closely with the Board.
The key elements of the role will include:
- Lead key projects required to scale operations and execute against strategy
- Complete analysis and board papers required for key decisions during scale-up journey
- Identify operational bottlenecks that will slow down growth, and work to address them
- Play a key role in achieving full regulatory approval
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for an ex-strategy consultant with likely 2-5 years’ experience. Specifically, they will exhibit:
- 2-5 years at top-tier strategy consultancy (e.g., McKinsey, Bain, Booz, Roland Berger, Oliver Wyman, OC&C)
- Experience in strategy and/ or operations
- Strong analytics and stakeholder management skills
- Experience in insurance is not required but would be a plus
- English is the only required language
At Movemeon, we connect (ex) consultants and freelancers with job opportunities, advice & events. Register now to view and apply to jobs, for insider advice & networking / industry events.
Related Case Studies
Category Manager (Strategy) at Manual
Successful candidate: 3 years of relevant experience and previously worked at L.E.K
US Country Lead at Taptap Send
Successful candidate: ex-Rocket Internet | Senior manager | General management
Senior Special Projects Manager at Comply Advantage
Successful candidate: 20 years of relevant experience and previously worked at AT Kearney