Just Hot Tubs hired a CEO.
The successful candidate previously worked at Oliver Wyman.
This company was supported by Sabah, Client Success Manager.
An in-depth description of the role
Just Hot Tubs
Buying a hot tub or a swim spa isn’t like any other purchase you will ever make. It is an investment in your health, well-being and quality of life; a haven at home where you can soothe away the day’s stresses enveloped in warm, comforting massaging waters without having to jump in the car and head to your local gym or favourite health spa.
After a recent carve-out backed by some heavy-weight investors, we have big plans including growing the business 10x and increasing our team from 6 employees to ~70 in the next 4 years. We are currently based in 4 locations across the UK. The CEO will be responsible for opening our central office and deciding on the location.
We are looking for an ambitious, entrepreneurial, digital marketing savvy leader as we enter our next phase of growth. The role will inspire the strategic direction of the business. Working closely with the Board of Directors serving as MD of corporate operations and as a main link between different divisions of the company, you will:
- Strategy – Implement business strategies and plans as well as ensuring strategy alignment with objectives
- Operations – Oversee all operations and business activities
- Leadership – Oversee quality control throughout the company, establishing goals for each department in partnership with division managers
- Finance – Review financial and non-financial reports
- Commercial– Drive traffic to large regional stores and build services business
- Legal – Enforce adherence to legal guidelines and in-house policies to ensure company’s complicity with legal and business ethics
- Relationships – Give advice for improvement and suggestions for solutions. Build trusting relationships with key partners and stakeholders and maintain contact
- Recruitment – Recruit, train, build and lead your team. You’ll also be setting up a central head office
- Business acumen – Keep abreast of the markets and industry trends
We are looking for:
- An experienced leader; proven track record for effective team management and results driven leadership. Previous experience in a CXO role is not required
- Digital marketing savvy – hot tubs are a big ticket item and rely on successful, targeted marketing to drive footfall to regional hub stores. You must be experienced with digital marketing in a B2C business
- Entrepreneurial working ethos
- Good knowledge of supply chain and logistics (some of our products are ‘own brand’ and sourced from China)
- Experience in consumer facing businesses
- Strong ability to organise effectively and delegate responsibility
- Ability to solve problems quickly and communicate clearly with a work ethic that of a business owner
- Experience in developing planning and implementing successful strategies is beneficial
- MBA is beneficial although relevant working experience will also be considered comparably
Location – We are flexible on where the central office will be based.
Compensation – ~£100-150k + equity and this will be dependent on experience