Fixter hired their Manager, Driver Operations from the Movemeon community. The successful member previously worked at KPMG.
If you are interested in finding out more, here is the original job description posted on Movemeon.
Fixter is an innovative and fast-growing startup launched in 2017 to simplify the life of all car owners, by bringing a world-class digital experience to the car maintenance industry. We have launched in several cities in the UK, and raised a 6m€ Series A from Kamet Ventures and AXA, and we’re now looking to fully utilise our data to support our growth trajectory. As Business Analyst, you will be diving into our wealth of data to draw out key insights and support strategic decision making, who wants to work for a high growth company (ideally tech, consumer, mobile).
Founded in London in 2016, Fixter is a trusted service that takes the hassle out of looking after your car. We work with Axa™ Insurance, who are a major investor and strategic partner alongside Kamet Ventures (€6m Series A).
It is our mission to make car maintenance as simple as booking a taxi or a takeaway, and to do so by providing a complete end-to-end service with world-class customer service. Today, Fixter has a network of hundreds of the best local garages, and is trusted by thousands of car owners in the UK every month who never need to visit a garage ever again!
As the Driver Operations Manager, you will be passionate about bringing our Drivers to new cities and investigating new opportunities for our drivers. You will be putting processes in place which will help us expand around the UK and building an engaged network of drivers everywhere we operate in.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Onboarding strategy – You will help us define our strategy to bring Drivers to all the cities we work in as well as what kit we will provide them with.
- Product Development – You will work with the Product team to help us refine how our drivers operate on a daily basis in order to build a platform that scales as we expand across the UK.
- Driver Quality – Our drivers are the face of Fixter so your efforts on ensuring they provide an excellent service to customers is critical to the business.
- Reporting – Your input to manage and monitor the KPIs of our business will help us scale and expand throughout the UK in a manner that is both efficient and cost-effective.
- Driver Support – You will help us constantly improve and iterate on our support model so that we can support our Drivers in everything from the day-to-day job to how and when they get paid.
Who we are looking for
We are looking for someone with approximately 2-5 years experience in consulting and/or startup operations. You should:
- Be able to coach and guide people in a growing function.
- Be analytical and hands-on with data to help understand and drive a business forward.
- Creating processes and thinking of driving efficiencies should be second nature to you.
- Be strategic in your thinking but don’t be afraid to get hands-on with the team to the job done.
- Have Project Management skills and be able to execute on those project plans.
- Is focused on getting things done
What we offer
- A high impact role at a well-backed but early stage start-up with excellent progression opportunities
- Competitive compensation package – approx £60-70k basic salary depending on experience + Pension and Private Medical Insurance
- A Mac laptop
- A high-calibre, energised team with the Kamet network on hand for mentorship and knowledge-sharing
- Office in Angel, a vibrant area just a stone’s throw from the centre of London’s Tech City
Related Case Studies
Oxbow Partners hired a senior consultant
Candidate: Ex Bain consultant. Company: fast-growing strategy consultancy
Class 35 hired a Associate / Senior Analyst (Freelance)
Candidate: Previously worked at Accenture. Company: PE-backed startup consulting firm
FINYX hired a Senior Consultant
Candidate previously worked at KPMG. Company: Boutique consultancy