Genomics advertised on Movemeon for a candidate to lead Business Strategy, working directly for the CEO.The successful Movemeon member previously worked at BCG and has a PhD in molecular biology.
This company was supported by Gaby, Client Success Manager.
Genomics are using the most powerful genomic engine in the world to find new drug targets for serious diseases, and to deliver precision healthcare. They are backed by leading investors in life sciences and, in December 2018, closed a £33M Series B financing round which was led by Vertex Pharmaceuticals and also included two top US VC healthcare funds. They have already built the largest and best curated data resource of its kind in the world with over 100 billion data points.
We are seeking the right candidate to lead our Business Strategy and exploit the opportunities presented in this fast-growing space. You will report to the CEO and work closely with the senior team and the board. In combination with other healthcare data, genetic information promises to transform, and disrupt, healthcare and drug development. This is currently a nascent area, and commercial models remain immature. Genomics plc is ideally positioned and resourced to be at the forefront of this development, and we are seeking an outstanding individual to help us develop business strategies.
We are genuinely open to people with varying seniorities. We will agree a compensation structure based on your experience – even if you are at a more senior point in your career we would like to hear from you.
You must have:
- A strong academic background
- A good understanding of the healthcare and pharmaceutical sectors.
- At least three years’ experience in a strategic consultancy
- Excellent communications skills – in person and in writing
- The ability to build strong relationships with senior colleagues
- The ability to work independently
- An enthusiastic and flexible approach that will thrive in a fast-growing, young company
- Working rights for the UK
It would be nice if you had:
- An academic background in science or medicine, with knowledge of genetics or genomics.
- Experience with the healthcare and pharmaceutical sectors.
If you share our passion in using genetics to transform healthcare, enjoy thinking creatively, helping drive strategy and want to play a key role building the success of an ambitious company in a fascinating and fast-changing space, this job is for you.
- The opportunity to work in an ambitious young company – alongside highly talented colleagues – that combines cutting-edge research with commercial delivery.
- The opportunity to play a key role in the success of a rapidly-growing business.
- The chance to contribute to work that will have a direct impact on people and disease treatment.
- A competitive salary (based on your experience), with pension, private healthcare and other benefits.
- Share options in Genomics plc.
At Movemeon, we connect (ex) consultants and freelancers with job opportunities, advice & events. Register now to view and apply to jobs, for insider advice & networking / industry events.
Related Case Studies
Operations Principal at Via
Successful candidate: ex-Goldman Sachs | Senior Manager / Director | Operations
Head of Operations at So Energy
Successful candidate: strong operations background | Manager | Operations
Entrepreneur in Residence at HelloFresh
Successful candidate: ex-Parthenon Group | Associate | Strategy