The Chemistry Group hired their Managing/Senior Consultant from the Movemeon community. The successful member previously worked at PA Consulting Group.
If you are interested in finding out more, here is the original job description posted on Movemeon.
We believe that every person should have the opportunity to be brilliant at work, a belief that’s at the heart of everything we do. Bringing together psychology, data science, technology and years of corporate experience, we partner with large organisations to hire and develop high performing workforces.
We help them understand the current behaviours and potential of their workforce, giving them the insight they need to transform performance through identifying, developing and hiring people who can be brilliant in their organisation.
Consulting at Chemistry
It’s a hugely exciting time to join the UK Consulting Team at The Chemistry Group. Every day we have the opportunity to deliver amazing projects for amazing clients, including Experian, House of Fraser, The Co-op, and SAP, and to create a name for ourselves as the place to go for accurate People Assessment and Performance tools for FTSE 100 organisations. We are big enough to be well respected but small enough to be nimble & provide amazing and accelerated development opportunities for high performers.
At Chemistry, we bring together the latest thinking in I-O psychology, high-performance cloud technology and business expertise to deliver bespoke solutions aimed at transforming the way organisations work through people. We partner with our clients on their people strategies to deliver measurable competitive advantage no matter what market they work in.
Through our award-winning approach, we guarantee you will have opportunities you would normally only dream about, working with an impressive list of clients and with plenty of opportunities to work directly with C level contacts. This might mean helping organisations work through strategic change or challenges by defining ‘What Great Looks Like’ in Talent, designing new recruitment processes, and providing team insight on capabilities and motivations.
We have been working globally since day one, from the UK, and have recently expanded into the USA – opening our California office in 2015, and our New York office in 2017.
- Keen interest in the “organisation / people” side of businesses
- No prior experience in “people” projects is required – it’s a nice to have
- Used to delivering projects independently
- Able to manage teams of 2-3 Analysts / Junior Consultants
- Accustomed to communicating with all levels of client stakeholder
Our consultants are accountable for the quality of the solutions we deliver to our clients. They do this by ensuring the project achieves the agreed outcomes for both the client and Chemistry. Consultants are expected to manage a number of client projects from inception to conclusion, often with them running concurrently.
- Act as both champion and guardian of Chemistry’s intent and methodology, as well as the customer’s goals, as defined during the sales process
- Ensuring key commercial, scope or stakeholder management decisions are made in line with Chemistry’s intent and customer’s goals, using agreed processes
- Shifting the customer’s belief about how they assess talent (internal/external) and embedding our language/ methodology within their vernacular, way of thinking and approach to making talent decisions
- Delivering exceptional work, on time. This should lead to securing repeat business and securing referrals from the customer
- Building strong partnerships with customer stakeholders. This ranges from holding project relationships to C-suite. Relationship “ownership” should be defined in the account plan
- Supporting Sales in scoping out solutions (once they have been qualified), inputting into the “win” plan and taking action against it
- Partnering with sales to update and track activity against the customer account plan.
- Line managing at least one Junior Consultant (JC) and providing regular, timely feedback about their performance
Related Case Studies
Hired: 2x Senior Managers
Candidates: Previously worked at Capco & Oliver Wyman. Company: Internal management consultancy team within BNP Paribas CIB. Read more...
Hired: Senior Manager
Candidate: Previously worked as a consultant at Bain. Company: OC&C Strategy Consultants is a leading global strategy consulting firm. Read more...
Hired: Strategy Associate
Candidate: Previously worked at McKinsey. Company: Fast-growing strategy consulting boutique based in Sydney. Read more...