This role was viewed by 109 Movemeon members and received 13 applications.
The successful Movemeon candidate submitted their application on the 21st May and accepted the offer on the 8th June.
The candidate spent 4.5 years as a senior consultant in the Operations Solutions business unit at OIM Group and 2.5 years at KPMG.
This company was supported by Laila, Client Success Manager.
An in-depth description of the role
About Mantrac Group
Mantrac Group is a family-owned company with more than 40-year history, consistently exceeding $1Bn in revenues in recent years. Our operations stretch across Africa, the Middle East and parts of Russia. We are recognised as one of the top 5 dealers of Caterpillar equipment globally and have a strong history of success helping drive industry leadership for the world-famous brand.
Our years of experience and world-class facilities in our regions give us a strong position. However, with Africa becoming more accessible to the competition, the company and the way we do business must constantly evolve to find areas of differentiation and growth in these dynamic regions and industries.
The Group has undergone significant change over the past five years and continues to transform as we find ways to remain at the top of our game in today’s fast-changing environments.
The Strategy Manager reports directly into the Group Strategy and Transformation Director.
They will have a significant role in shaping the future direction of Mantrac Group, overseeing the Strategic Planning process, supporting Transformation Program and driving major growth and development initiatives.
The role’s key responsibilities will include:
- Drive strategic business development through business performance analysis, identification of new opportunities, development of strategic initiatives
- Manage strategic projects and Group initiatives – structure, key analysis and delivery of workshops
- Oversee Strategic Planning process and output, ensuring alignment and integration with the overall Group Corporate strategy and direction
- Inject new ideas and ways of doing business to boost Mantrac development and growth
- Drive and support growth and development programs to continuously improving ways of working and evolving our operating model
- Support Strategy Director and Executive Leadership in key stakeholder communications, updates and reviews
- Develop strong relationships with the key business stakeholders and drive the development of Strategic Planning organisation through coaching and guidance
What we’re looking for:
We’re looking for someone with 4-5 years of experience in top-tier Management Consulting – Consultant or Senior Associate Consultant level. Specifically, they’ll exhibit:
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen, combined with a desire to drive results
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, adaptable to the relevant audience and culture
- Collaborative approach and ability to build relationships with key stakeholders across multiple geographies and, often remotely
- Desire to coach and develop people within the business
- High professional standards and ‘zero-defect’ attitude
- Flexibility to cope with changing demands of the role and business
- Initiative to drive ownership and management of own time and projects
Related Case Studies
Medicalib hired an Associé - COO
Candidate: Previously worked at BCG. Company: Startup health platform.
National Citizen Service hired a Business Planning Manager
Candidate: Previously worked at PwC. Company: independent, not-for-profit organisation.
Philips Healthcare hired a Senior Strategy Manager
Candidate: Previously worked at BCG. Company: world leading health technology company.