Marks and Spencer advertised on Movemeon looking for a Growth Programme Manager to report to ex-McKinsey Head of Growth, playing a key role in delivering new growth initiatives across the business to deliver long term value.
The successful candidate previously worked at KPMG and has experience leading digital change, e-commerce and analytics.
This company was supported by Sabah, Client Success Manager.
An in-depth description of the role
We have newly created a growth team in the centre of the business to identify opportunities for expansion. Playing a critical role within this newly formed team, you will be responsible for the co-ordination of growth initiatives across the business. This will require a hands-on approach, combined with strong commercial acumen and stakeholder management, to drive engagement in an area of strategic priority to M&S. You will be working as part of the growing customer growth and experience team, whilst interacting cross-functionally with product management, software engineering, technology and the wider business. The role will require a combination of analytical capability, a strategy consulting toolkit and the ability to make decisions which run across multiple areas of the business.
Why Work Here
At M&S, we focus relentlessly on delivering top quality products to our customers. That much has never changed. Our attention to detail and passion for improvement has led to the creation of some of the nation’s most loved products. But the world is changing fast, and we’re changing with it. M&S is transforming to become more relevant, more often, to our existing customers, and appeal to new ones too. We’re setting bolder goals and giving our people space and resources to achieve them. From placing M&S at the forefront of the digital revolution to deliver for customers – existing and new, there’s never been a more exciting time to join us. Because being part of our journey today quite simply means shaping the future of our business.
- Lead delivery of program: you’ll be responsible for ensuring we deliver against plan for the biggest single initiative within M&S, working with multiple functions within the business to maintain a fast pace of build, test and iterate in an
- Agile manner. You’ll proactively manage project timelines and lead the risk management process as well as identifying mitigation and contingency planning.
- Engage stakeholders to create the best chance of success: communicating progress and garnering support both inside and outside the function to drive engagement and results, ensuring all relevant stakeholders have been identified and are bought-in to plans.
- Apply commercial insight to generate value: recommending the optimal sequencing and phasing of use cases, based on discussions with functional teams, research and testing, accounting for linkages and dependencies across the business.
- Share knowledge and information to grow the capability of the wider team: forecasting and tracking benefit delivery and ensuring that learnings are shared within the team and the business to drive a data-driven culture and greater impact.
- Document learnings and build a database of insight.
- Enthusiasm for Digital and Data, with proven ability of understanding and identifying commercial opportunity to apply to business problems
- Demonstrable experience running large scale cross-functional programs, ideally in a digital or e-commerce business
- Proven experience of embracing and initiating change with the ability to lead by example
- Strategic thinker with the ability to take a broad view of the business and identify the relevant information for decision making
- Excellent executive and client relationship management strategies
- Proficient in the use of Jira, Agile Craft and standard project management tools
- Highly proficient in MS Office
At Movemeon, we connect (ex) consultants and freelancers with job opportunities, advice & events. Register now to view and apply to jobs, for insider advice & networking / industry events.
Related Case Studies
Senior Innovation Operations Manager at KFC
Successful candidate: ex-BlackRock | Senior Manager | Operations
Case Team Leader at Ethiopian ATA
Successful candidate: ex-Teneo Consulting | Manager | Programme, project & change mgt
Case Team Leader at Ethiopian ATA
Successful candidate: ex-McKinsey | Manager | Programme, project & change mgt