This role was viewed by 159 Movemeon members and received 19 applications.
The successful candidate is from Sydney and previously worked at A.T. Kearney.
This company was supported by Rich, Co-Founder of Movemeon.
An in-depth description of the role
The Commonwealth Bank brand is the most recognised brand in the Australian financial services industry.
At CommBank, we never lose sight of our role in the economy and society more broadly. Our vision is to excel at securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. We’re looking for candidates either from Australia or overseas (we are willing to relocate & provide visa sponsorship) who are interested to join our Retail Banking Strategy team at the Manager level at our office in central Sydney.
Retail Banking Services (RBS) is the public face of CommBank, delivering a seamless banking experience for the future, to our 10 million + personal and small business customers. We offer market-leading products and services, supported by some of the world’s best systems and processes.
About the strategy team
The Strategy Team is responsible for leading the development of the strategic agenda for the retail bank. It’s made up of a smart & energetic bunch of colleagues who largely will share your background in strategy consulting. The team works with the business to manage delivery to this strategy through major transformation programs and large scale strategic projects. Currently, the team focuses on the following two major functions to support these objectives:
- Strategy: The strategy function oversees the development and refinement of the RBS strategy by delivering major strategic projects or solving specific strategic business problems.
- Project Investment & Prioritisation: The project function is responsible for ownership and administration of the process, ensuring investment decisions align to strategic and business objectives.
- Analytics: Comprising three teams- Business Intelligence & Data Solutions, Partner Engagement and Analytics.
The Strategy team is a key function for the retail bank. As a senior member of the strategy team (you will report directly to the Head of the team), the role is expected to manage and lead the strategic agenda within the retail bank by facilitating the development of the strategy and delivering projects that support this strategy. In particular, the role will contribute to:
- Identifying and exploring areas for growth and improvement across the retail bank
- Lead and drive retail wide and cross-business unit initiatives
- Drive the annual strategic planning and investment prioritization process for the retail bank
- Undertake dedicated analysis and problem-solving for a range of issues across the retail bank
- Managing teams
- Prioritising investment & projects
- Building capability within the broader team
- Operating as a key strategic thought partner for the Retail Leadership Team
If you live the values and demonstrate the people capabilities, we can offer great opportunities. Whether you want to move across the organisation or up into an even more senior role within the team.
- Top tier management consulting background to a manager level with a strategy focus
- Exposure to the financial services sector
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of large scale strategic projects
- Demonstrated ability to lead high performing teams
- Highly developed stakeholder management and communication skills
- Demonstrated structured problem-solving methodology and analytical capability
- Bachelor Degree in any discipline
- MBA-qualified preferred but not essential
At Movemeon, we connect (ex) consultants and freelancers with job opportunities, advice & events. Register now to view and apply to jobs, for insider advice & networking / industry events.
Related Case Studies
Tech and services platform hired a Freelance Business Analyst
Candidate: Previously worked at PwC. Company: tech and services platform
GSK hired a Senior Director
Candidate: Previously worked at McKinsey. Company: global healthcare company
Health tech company hired a Strategy & Operations Associate
Candidate: Previously worked at Javelin Group Company: seed-stage health tech company.