NHS hired a Programme Lead. This role was viewed by 318 Movemeon members and received 25 applications.
The successful candidate previously worked at A.T. Kearney.
This company was supported by Gaby, Client Success Manager.
An in-depth description of the role
The NHS in England is transforming mental health services across the country and it is a major national priority. In 2016, NHS England published the Five Year Forward View for Mental Health. This, alongside the published ‘Dementia 2020’, forms the basis of an exciting and highly complex work programme, which seeks to change and improve the way mental health services are commissioned and delivered on the frontline.
The NHS Long Term Plan has further strengthened the status of Mental Health as a top priority for the next 10 years, with at least £2.3bn of additional funding by 2023/24. . While the plan builds on an existing ambitious and complex programme, this role offers a genuine opportunity to shape the delivery of national policy and increase the impact of a vital part of the NHS.
About the opportunity
The hiring managers both have management consulting backgrounds and are looking for someone with a strong interest in the public sector and ability and enthusiasm to drive a complex national programme, solve problems quickly and effectively and lead a high performing team.
You will be accountable for managing, defining and leading the work of the “Infrastructure” (covering: data & intelligence, data development, payment systems, financial strategy, levers & incentives, outcomes and clincial review of standards) team and for shaping and leading the next steps of the implementation of the national Mental Health strategy working closely with partners across the NHS and government. You will have the opportunity to work closely with senior policymakers and to play an integral role in changing the experience for people who need access to mental health care across England. There is a very strong team infrastructure and wider teamin place, with talented managers onboard. We are looking for a leader with the ability to work collaboratively, with a focus on developing talent.
The basic salary, depending on experience, will be between £70-85k plus a supplement for Inner London.
We are looking for an exceptional leader able to work highly collaboratively to develop and improve the programme to ensure exceptional performance across the portfolio.
The Programme Lead will be accountable for managing, defining and leading the work of the Infrastructure team who lead on developing the required data, payment systems, levers and incentives to ensure that the Long Term Plan is delivered. This includes working closely with the PMO and Delivery Team to ensure all cross- programme work across the mental health unit is appropriately delivered and coordinated. Further, the postholder will be a member of the Mental Health Senior Management Team (SMT), helping to define and implement corporate approaches across the wider programme team.
The main personal attributes required for this role are listed below however are not exhaustive:
- Exceptional leadership skills and ability to deliver complex programme of work within timeframes working across internal teams and partner organisations.
- A strong interest in healthcare and mental health and a desire to develop an expertise in this area.
- Advanced analytical skills, experience leading wide-scale modelling work, ideally in a healthcare setting, and ability to train and supervise teams to lead this work.
- Exceptional organisational skills, leading a complex programme of work and teams to deliver on time.
- Demonstrated strategic aptitudes, ability to define and lead work autonomously in a very political environment.
- A ‘can do’ attitude and an ability to remain positive and constructive even in a challenging environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with and influence members of staff at all levels within the organisation.
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills with a focus on developing and empowering team members to take on more responsibilities.
Our hiring managers are MMO members and are receiving applications through MMO. Come and join us and help improve the lives of those requiring the support of mental health services in England
Please be aware that the deadline for applications is Thursday 15th August 2019 at 23:59. Please be sure to submit your application before this date.
Applications from job seekers who require Tier 2 sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test.