Argos is well known-as being one of the leading high-street retailers, serving 130 million customers a year through its 740 stores. What is less commonly known, is that Argos is the UK’s largest high street retailer online with over 430 million website visits annually, offering more than 33,000 products through www.argos.co.uk, its growing mobile channels, stores, over the telephone and uniquely, through Argos TV.
They were looking for a manager to join the transformation team. The successful movemeon member was an ex-Bain consultant with 5 years experience, who had also played an international role for a start-up.
About the role
- Be part of the largest retail transformation in UK
- Report to ex-Bain and Tesco Head of Transformation
- Brightest and best to help Argos become a digital retail leader
- Strategy consulting and/or project management in a fast moving retail environment
- Extensive experience managing projects to meet milestones, targets and budgets
- A proven background in putting the customer first in all business decisions
If you are interested, here is the full job description:
Do you want to be part of the largest retail transformation in the UK? We are looking for exceptional individuals to help reposition one of the most familiar names on the high street into a digital retail leader. Momentum is building, with a recently appointed Head of Transformation (ex-Bain and Tesco.com), Argos is looking to further its position as the UK’s largest high street retailer online.
Argos is well known-as being one of the leading high-street retailers, serving 130 million customers a year through its 740 stores.
What is less commonly known, is that Argos is the UK’s largest high street retailer online with over 430 million website visits annually, offering more than 33,000 products through www.argos.co.uk, its growing mobile channels, stores, over the telephone and uniquely, through Argos TV.
As retail progressively moves online, Argos has recognised the need for change and is implementing a transformation plan that will reinvent Argos as a digital retail leader and reposition it from a catalogue-led business to a digitally-led business.
This strategy has four key elements
- Reposition Argos’ channels for a digital future
- Provide more product choice, available to customers faster
- Develop a customer offer that has universal appeal
- Operate a leaner and more flexible cost base
Argos is already changing. We are benefiting from better operations, better channels, better promotion and more availability. We have launched our new website, and new catalogue tablet app. The momentum is building, as we start to transform our business.
We are looking for the brightest and best to help Argos become a digital retail leader.
Operational Development Manager (based in Milton Keynes; 30 mins from Euston)
Reporting into the Head of Transformation (ex-Bain and Tesco.com) you will manage Transformation plan projects which improve customer experience, operating processes and deliver sales / profit growth or cost savings across the business.
- Leading cross functional teams, you will help drive and deliver exceptional customer focused improvements to our business, creating both the innovative solution and ensuring it is implemented well.
- You will take full responsibility for taking early control of any problems which impact your projects influencing stakeholders and managing dependencies across multiple functions to get to the best overall result for Argos.
- Driving creative yet pragmatic solutions that move the business towards its goal of becoming a digital leader.
- Using data wisely and running sometimes complex analysis to develop the right solutions for Argos.
- Challenging business cases to ensure projects put the customer and the business at the centre of decisions.
- Developing roll out plans for new functionality within the function.
- Working closely with IT to ensure enabling IT developments are aligned with overall project goals and timelines to support IT teams with detailed understanding / analysis of existing systems or processess
- Working with the Executive Directors to continue to identify opportunities to improve the Operating Model of the business.
- Translating strategy and ideas into tangible plans, using structured communication and logical arguments to influence senior stakeholders across the business
- Providing strategic and tactical advice to exec members and directors regarding project objectives and project and portfolio management.
- Extensive experience managing projects to meet milestones, targets and budgets whilst engaging a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Strategy consulting and/or project management in a fast moving retail environment is highly desirable.
- Strong analytical skill set.
- Liaising and influencing at senior levels, both internal and external at home in both the boardroom and in store.
- A proven background in putting the customer first in all business decisionsProven track record working cross functionally.
- Must deliver projects on time and at pace and will be comfortable working within an environment of ambiguity and high degree of complexity.
- A key aspect to the role is relationship building and stakeholder management
- An ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way to wide audiences.
- Assertive, challenging and confident with strong inter-personal skills
- Demonstrates gravitas to be credible and adaptable with their style when engaging with senior audiences