Vivid Economics hired an Operations Principal. This role was viewed by 130 Movemeon members and received 12 applications.This company was supported by :
The successful Movemeon candidate applied within one week, submitted their application on the 29th May and accepted the offer on the 17th June.
The candidate had 10 years of relevant experience.
Lara, Growth Manager
Gaby, Client Success Manager
An in-depth description of the role
About the role
Leading a small team, the Operations Principal will drive the operations and business infrastructure forward as we continue to grow and expand. Solutions orientated, with the ability to work across a range of topics and engage a variety of stakeholders, the right candidate will bring energy and enthusiasm to match the current pace of growth in other areas of the business. The right candidate will also be able and enthusiastic about growing the role and expanding its horizons as the firm continues to grow.
Key areas of work will include:
Business and product development
- Strategic business development – support development of the firm’s offering across its business lines (or ‘Practices’), including defining and sharing best practice
- Product development – defining and tracking product development strategies across Practices, and supporting their implementation
- Tactical opportunity screening and proposal support – maintaining and improving current systems, standard materials and specialized team for selecting and successfully responding to opportunities
- Management information – maintaining and improving management information systems to best support business development
Sales, marketing and communications
- Sales, marketing and communications strategy – defining and tracking the firm’s approach to engaging clients through both targeted engagement and broader marketing and communications
- Targeted client engagement – maintaining and improving internal systems for client relationship management, and tracking progress
- Broader marketing and communications– maintaining and improving website; content development (e.g. blogs, newsletter); and use of major platforms (e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter)
- Branding – maintaining and improving the standard look and feel of our presentation and communication materials; potentially including a new design support function
Core administrative support
- Firm-wide knowledge management – maintaining and improving the firm’s knowledge management systems
- Office management – overseeing and improving the firm’s administrative support functions like scheduling and office maintenance
- Oversee special projects to improve operational and system efficiency to support growth – potentially including improvements to finance systems, outsourcing of some professional support tasks (e.g. design, scheduling), etc.
To support these responsibilities, you will directly manage c.3 support staff, as well as c.3 FTEs in the consultancy team (with time spread across c.12 consultants given responsibility for specific tasks within and across Practices)
- A great executor: you are results-oriented and get the job done; you have the ability to manage multiple teams with diverse responsibilities to achieve concrete operational outcomes
- Strong analytic thinker, with the ability to cut to the heart of an issue quickly: you’ve done your stint at a high-calibre consultancy/start-up/ advisory firm
- Ambitious and pro-active: you are able to define future horizons of firm development, and to deliver best-in-class solutions; you’re enthused about working in an entrepreneurial environment
- A highly organised approach to work, with a strong eye for detail, and an ability to keep decision-making processes lean, smart and agile
- Great stakeholder management: you’ve mobilised and motivated highly-skilled professionals toward a common vision and its implementation
- Clear communicator: you know how to present large amounts of complex information in a succinct and impactful manner
- Some experience of having managed business finances, administrative processes and internal IT services preferable