Oxbow Partners advertised on Movemeon looking for a senior consultant to Join the fast-growing insurance advisory firm with an outstanding reputation and a refreshing agile approach (insurance experience not essential)
This role recieved 38 applications – the successful candidate is an ex Bain consultant with experience in Strategy, Operations and Implementation.
This company was supported by Gaby, Client Success Manager.
An in-depth description of the role
Why Oxbow Partners?
Set up in 2015 by a group of people frustrated with traditional consulting, Oxbow Partners is a fast-growing consultancy in the insurance industry. We are recognised as market-leading – the Financial Times ranked us in the top 10 insurance consulting businesses in the UK in 2017, and ranked us at the same level as McKinsey and Oliver Wyman for insurance consulting in 2018.
We cover strategy, digital, M&A and risk, and we like to help our clients get things done. We use our real-life business experience to get properly involved in our clients’ situations and give them practical, actionable advice – not just PowerPoint slides. Oxbow Partners combines the best of “big consulting” with the best of the start-up world – clients engage us for practical advice, led by Partners who are recognised experts in the industry.
Our working environment is entrepreneurial: we have no set corporate rules and pursue opportunities that interest us. Our clients are some of the largest and best-known insurance businesses including: Aviva, AXA, Aon, Zurich, Swiss Re and Munich Re to name but a few.
Oxbow is a great place to learn top-tier consulting and insurance. You will be an important member of the team and we will ensure sure you are involved in a broad range of activities from day one. We expect a lot from our consultants, but we also treat the team with respect – work hours are typically reasonable and you should not expect to have work over weekends.
We are looking for a consultant to support client-facing projects. Responsibilities include:
- Research – supporting projects to deliver pieces of desk-based research
- Deliverable creation – creating parts of client-facing project deliverables
- Client-engagement – assisting the manager and partners with managing the client relationships
- Project management support – supporting the manager and partner to deliver the project on time and on budget
…and anything else you can turn your hand to. At Oxbow Partners, there are no restrictions on what you can get involved in and how quickly you can progress through the business.
We’re looking for someone who is looking to make an impact and progress quickly in a fast-paced environment – prior consulting experience is highly beneficial but not absolutely essential. Requirements include:
- At least 2:1 from a top university
- Proficient in Microsoft Office especially, PowerPoint and Excel
- Strong communication and written skills
- Ability quickly to understand and learn complex industries and analysis techniques
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Insurance industry knowledge is helpful but definitely not essential
Insurance is essential. Insurance covers nearly every aspect of our lives from ensuring supply of goods and services to protecting people and property when things go wrong. Insurance provides variety and a constant opportunity to learn new topics. Some recent examples include: how can sensors help factories avoid interruptions? What does social media mean for insurance buying? What impact will artificial intelligence have on pricing? Insurers have hardly changed in 400 years but have now recognised the need to change and are investing heavily in innovation. Oxbow Partners is at the heart of this change.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation, 25 days holiday and good benefits (incl. medical insurance)
- A great working culture – we are a non-hierarchical, friendly team who work smart. We want staff to succeed professionally but also have a life outside of work.
- Whether you’re a junior consultant or a Partner, we are all involved in helping Oxbow Partners thrive.
If this sounds like the kind of place you might like to work, we’d like to hear from you. Please apply through Movemeon as soon as possible, as we are interviewing on a rolling basis.
At Movemeon, we connect (ex) consultants and freelancers with job opportunities, advice & events. Register now to view and apply to jobs, for insider advice & networking / industry events.
Related Case Studies
Class 35 hired a Associate / Senior Analyst (Freelance)
Candidate: Previously worked at Accenture. Company: PE-backed startup consulting firm
FINYX hired a Senior Consultant
Candidate previously worked at KPMG. Company: Boutique consultancy
Marwood Group hired a Business Manager - Operations & Project Management
Candidate: previously worked at Deloitte. Company: leading international healthcare consultancy