Discovery Education advertised on Movemeon for a Programme Management Associate to be a key member of Discovery Education’s international team with responsibility for executing delivery of projects across multiple products with partners around the world.The successful Movemeon member previously worked at PwC
This company was supported by Sabah, Client Success Manager.
Discovery Education is the global leader in standards-based digital content, currently serving over 50 million students and 4.5 million educators worldwide. The Programme & Project Management Associate is a newly created role and a fantastic customer- facing opportunity. It is ideal for someone who might be 2-4years into their career; and who is ambitious, eager to develop skills in technology and education.
Discovery Education is the global leader in standards-based digital content for K-12 classrooms, transforming teaching and learning with award-winning digital textbooks, multimedia content, professional development, assessment tools, and the largest professional learning community of its kind. With a footprint in 53 countries, across all continents, Discovery Education’s mission is to transform teaching and learning through innovative partnerships with schools, administrations, government ministries and other like-minded organizations.
Discovery Education has proven experience working with partners at all levels across the education spectrum to create custom solutions that have markedly improved student achievement through engaging content, collaborative professional development, formative assessment and connection to a robust community of educational professionals. Discovery Education currently serves over 50 million students and 4.5 million educators worldwide.
The Programme & Project Management Associate is a newly created role and will be a key member of Discovery Education’s International team, based in London. The role is a fantastic customer- facing opportunity, with responsibility for executing delivery of projects across multiple products with partners around the world.
It is ideal for someone who might be 2-4years into their career; and who is ambitious, eager to develop skills in technology and education, to take on responsibility in customer-facing environments and gain experience working with teams in a range of areas including video production, curriculum development, marketing and many others.
The role will ultimately suit someone who is people-focused and enjoys working in teams from diverse cultures, skill sets and experience. It will involve working with teams from the UK, US, South America, Asia and the Middle East.
Experience working as a strategy or management consultant would be really advantageous in applying for this role. International travel is required as part of this role, to locations from the US to the Middle East and Europe, often at short notice.
The role will have three overall main purposes:
- Project & programme management – driving the overall success of internal and external projects and programmes across a range of areas
- Account management – take a supporting role in managing relationships with international partners, understanding requirements and ensuring we meet them
- General – taking on day-to-day tasks and responsibilities as needed to ensure all projects and opportunities are on track for success
Specifically you will:
- Work with our clients and teams across Discovery Education to define project requirements
- Support development, tracking, and reporting of clear project activity plans
- Support resource planning across Discovery Education teams from Production to Marketing
- Lead on day-to-day operations coordination, monitoring progress across projects and adapting to any changes in requirements as the project progresses
- Support relationship management through regular discussions with international partners and produce regular client-focused progress reports.
- Understand client success factors, and ensure the project remains focused on meeting them
- Support Discovery Education in tracking processes to enhance efficiency of future projects
- Work with Sales, Marketing, Legal and other teams to help them understand projects to support their activities
- Maintain an understanding of industry trends, current events, new technologies and how they impact Discovery Education
- A total of 2-4 years’ experience as a strategy and / or management consultant
- People-focused, able to work well in teams with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Task-oriented and strict attention to detail, with experience of supporting management of complex projects with shifting priorities across multiple geographies
- Ability to work with virtual teams across functions, geographies and business units
- Ability to manage local support, sub-contractors, and vendors assigned to projects
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and balance competing priorities
- Willingness to travel to various of locations to work with our partners; from Europe, to the US, Middle East, Latin America and Asia (approx. 15% of time)
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Experience working in media, EdTech and/or digital industries and experience working around the world would be an advantage
Why Discovery Education
This is a fast-paced role within a growing division, and you will need to juggle several tasks and deadlines at once so a calm head and resilience Is essential. As we grow globally, you will be expected to take on more responsibility and grow the role, so this is an ideal opportunity for someone who Is looking to progress their career within a global brand surrounded by passionate colleagues who want to make an impact on students by delivering top quality EdTech content.
Discovery strives to be an employer of choice and we offer 28 days of leave (plus bank holidays), healthcare, life assurance, generous pension, plus training and development opportunities. We have a fantastic company culture with can-do attitudes and a friendly working environment where your efforts will be noticed and supported.
At Movemeon, we connect (ex) consultants and freelancers with job opportunities, advice & events. Register now to view and apply to jobs, for insider advice & networking / industry events.