TLC Group hired their Project Lead from the Movemeon community. The successful member was previously working at PWC.
Here is the original job description posted on Movemeon
About TLC group
TLC Group is a developer, operator and private equity company based in London. We specialise in high-end developments across the hospitality, care, residential and commercial sectors and operate all our own assets.
This is an exciting opportunity for a very bright, committed and driven individual to take the lead in opening a new multi-million-pound business. The business in question is a 5 star internationally branded hotel in Cambridge (though you will primarily be based in Harrow). The successful candidate will manage an array of consultants and contractors, work closely with the senior leadership team (who comprise a variety of backgrounds including consulting to hospitality) and take full accountability for the successful opening of this business. We can offer you a serious challenge and steep learning curve that will be an invaluable career experience.
There is a huge opportunity for career progression – the business will probably double in size over the next few years. The person taking on this role will have great opportunity to take on a senior leadership role in the organisation following the completion of the project.
As project lead, you will take responsibility for the successful delivery of the overall project, opening a 5 star internationally branded hotel in Cambridge. Key responsibilities include:
- Cost control, budget creation, management and financial reporting – you will be responsible for authorising over £25m in payments.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Proactively manage staff, contractors and consultants in the delivery of projects, and liaise with the General Manager to ensure that all the actions taken are supported operationally.
- Carry out regular site visits and attend regular site meetings and project meetings, taking an active role in co-operating with project and internal operations teams to improve overall project and Business performance.
- Be responsible for performance management by target setting, monitoring and producing accurate, detailed reports for senior management. Report to the CEO and the Development Director on a frequent basis, and provide reports for a variety of stakeholder audiences and support the senior management team at meetings as required.
- Work with the General Manager to develop a crisis management plan which is specific to the hotel and includes a range of foreseeable crises and incidents.
- Work with the relevant parties including but not limited to the CEO, Operations Director, General Manager and external parties to finalise the procurement list, assist with the procurement process, and execute a project plan for the coordination, delivery and installation of all procured goods.
- Oversee the successful implementation of IT systems within the business and work with the General Manager to ensure that the team are adequately trained.
- Handover the hotel to the General Manager following successful commissioning.
We’re looking for a bright and motivated individual with project management experience and ~5+ years in management consulting.
- You should have a hands-on attitude, with a strong focus on getting things done and achieving results that deliver real impact.
- You’ll be a confident communicator – able to interact internally and externally at all levels of seniority and communicate complex issues simply.
- Ability to “herd cats” (e.g. making difficult people-oriented initiatives succeed).
- Decisive with the ability to motivate people.
- An innovative problem solver with the ‘consulting skill set’.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and perform in an entrepreneurial atmosphere.
- Ability to create and maintain project documentation, including project plans and reports, tracking, KPIs and key milestones of success.
- Experience of the construction industry and/or the hotel industry would be advantageous but are not essential for exceptional candidates.
What’s in it for you
- There is a huge opportunity for career progression – the business will probably double in size over the next few years. The person taking on this role will have great opportunity to take on a senior leadership role in the organisation following the completion of the project.
- A friendly and dynamic work environment.
- The chance to have a serious impact on a company entering an exciting growth phase.
- Competitive compensation with a discretionary performance-related bonus and a car allowance.
- Private medical insurance.
- Preferential employee rate hotel scheme with IHG (Hotels include: InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Kimpton Hotels, Regent Hotels & Resorts, Hotel Indigo, Staybridge Suites, Holiday Inn and many others).
Related Case Studies
Go Compare hired a Strategy & Investments Manager
Candidate: Ex L.E.K consultant. Company: British financial services comparison website
Tech and services platform hired a Freelance Business Analyst
Candidate: Previously worked at PwC. Company: tech and services platform
GSK hired a Senior Director
Candidate: Previously worked at McKinsey. Company: global healthcare company