AP Partners is a fast-growing consulting firm based in the UAE, founded by two former McKinsey colleagues in 2017. Our teams are from top-tier management consulting firms and have a proven track-record in strategy, transformation, and implementation. Together, we support organisations in the Middle East in their transformation journeys – from setting the direction, to developing the strategy, implementation and capability building. AP Partners is headquartered in DIFC in Dubai and our private and public-sector clients are mainly based in Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
They advertised on Movemeon for a Project Manager.
The successful Movemeon member previously worked at McKinsey.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, HERE IS THE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION:
About AP Partners
AP Partners was founded in the summer of 2017 by two former Mckinsey consultants based on the dream of supporting the exciting growth happening around them by creating positive, long-lasting change on organisations and people. And with a simple vision: to become the leading partners in transformation and create an institution where highly intelligent and driven people thrive and leave their mark on the region and the world.
In order to keep growing and continue to ensure that strategies are not only developed on paper, but implemented, we are looking for new colleagues who want to be part of this exciting journey, work hands-on, be entrepreneurial, grow the company with us and see and feel the impact we can have on the region together.
Working closely with the Managing Partners to help private and public-sector institutions with their transformation projects and make change happen (not just on paper!)
You’ll be coaching senior stakeholders as well as your AP team members
Example projects could stretch from helping a GCC Minister setting the national agenda around the resoirt she’s in charge of, to support the set-up of a new NGO to fully re-designing the People Function for a private sector client
Working with clients of all seniority levels
Given that we are a start-up, the sky is the limit. Whenever you are ready to take on more responsibility, we’ll happily give it to you! In any case, you will work with clients of all seniority levels to make positive change happen: During the design phase of a project, we will focus on developing fact-based and implementable recommendations and aligning stakeholders. During the implementation phase, we will work alongside the client on large-scale transformation projects. While the former sounds very much like a typical McK/BCG/Bain project, our projects usually go one step further in the sense that we stay around to support the client with the implementation. In some cases, we might even be asked to step in as interim managers or manage other consulting firms on the client’s behalf.
Life at AP Partners
We promise a high degree of freedom, a life (yes, we care about life outside of work!), a very collaborative culture and a huge learning curve. The compensation is competitive as well! The role and most of our projects would be based out of the UAE (Dubai or Abu Dhabi). Life is not a race, it is a journey to be enjoyed each day. We love what we do and thrive to create a fun environment, where individuality is celebrated. We also encourage our colleagues to take dedicated time to work on projects they are passionate about, even if not directly client related
What we are looking for
We are looking for Do’ers with the drive to not only develop solutions, but implement them together with our clients.
Have a minimum of 3 years work experience at McKinsey, Bain or BCG (please do not apply if you don’t have the relevant experience)
Have managed consulting teams before
Have a strong academic background
Skills & Attributes
- Have outstanding practical problem-solving skills to come up with solutions on the overall levers to implement, but also on how to overcome day-to-day challenges when implementing
- Show initiative and creativity – we are a start-up and embrace change and ideas for improvement
- Are resilient enough to overcome barriers along the way and ensure that our actions have a positive sustainable impact
- Are team player – our aim is to build a culture that makes us feel as we are working alongside friends
- Are confident and enthusiastic – you will likely work with more senior clients than you would at one of the more established consulting companies. While this is exciting, you will also have to be confident enough to grow into the role of trusted advisors for these clients
- Are eager to learn – we are in it together and will all grow along the way, both on a personal and company-level
Are Arabic speaking – not mandatory, but a plus
Locations: Dubai or Abu Dhabi if preferred (visa sponsorship available)
Salary: 45-60k AED/month (depending on experience)
- Performance bonus: Depending on personal, as well as the company performance, consultant might be eligible for a discretionary bonus payment at the end of the year (after a minimum tenure of 6 months). The expected bonus would be 15%
- Vacation days: 25 days of vacation. Depending on the client situation, we will of course be open to discuss additional unpaid LoA should the consultant wish to take off for a longer period of time
- Health insurance
- Annual budget of AED 10,000 to use on development training of choice and up to 3 working days per contract year. Budget can be used for tuition fees and/or travel expenses
- Gym membership of up to AED 300 per month
50% salary on top of your base salary on days to take vacation. We are serious about making time for life!