With 250 million users, operations in 44 countries on 5 continents, Schibsted is one of Europe’s most successful, fastest growing and most ambitious digital companies.
They advertised on movemeon to build a 3-months project team. The successful movemeon members previously worked as Manager at McKinsey, Consultant at McKinsey, Consultant at Deloitte and at a Boutique consultancy.
About the role
- Work on an initiative called “building next generation marketplaces”
- Look at the product vision and strategy for the next 3-5 years.
- The project is lead by the division’s Chief Product Officer
- 5+ years of Strategy Consulting
- Product and/or technology experience
- A high proficiency of the English language is required both in speaking and writing
If you are interested, here is the full job description:
With 250 million users, operations in 44 countries on 5 continents, internet services spanning publishing, online marketplaces, and dozens of exciting new ventures in new fields, Schibsted is one of Europe’s most successful, fastest growing and most ambitious digital companies.
The marketplace division, Schibsted Classified Media, aims to become the global leader in online classifieds and is already one of the key players in this space together with Ebay, Naspers and Craigslist.
To reach this ambition of global leadership we are now starting an initiative called “building next generation marketplaces” which will look at the product vision and strategy for the next 3-5 years. The project is lead by the division’s Chief Product Officer and will include key stakeholders across the group.
The following are core questions to be solved by the project:
- What are the product mission, vision and underlying principles that our marketplaces should follow?
- How can we improve the user life-cycle value by understanding the drivers behind retention?
- How do we secure positions, improve monetization and speed up innovation by collaborating on a global marketplace platform?
- How do we evolve existing positions into next generation marketplaces, particularly looking at social platforms, vertical specialists and mobile-only marketplaces?
- How do we ensure systematic identification, tracking and rapid experimentation with new marketplace concepts outside of existing positions?
- To this project we seek a team of 4 freelance consultants, including one team lead. The team should preferably have product and/or technology experience and be able to travel throughout Europe. The project will be based in Barcelona, start in April and end in June.
Related Case Studies
Retail Experience & Omnichannel Consultant
Associate Level - Strategy - Acquired by The Estée Lauder Companies, Inc. in 1999, today the brand is available in 35 countries worldwide.
Senior Manager - Operational Excellence
Senior Manager Level - Strategy - KFC, part of the Yum family, alongside Pizza Hut and Taco Bell, are part of the world’s largest restaurant company in over 140 countries.
Assistant Strategy Manager – Commercial Strategy
Associate Level - Insight &Analytics - UK’s leading digital retailers, more than 60,000 products online and in-store.