This role was viewed by 121 Movemeon members and received 36 applications.
The successful candidate 3.5 years of relevant experience.
This company was supported by Sabah, Client Success Manager.
An in-depth description of the role
RE_SET is a boutique strategic innovation consultancy. We work at Board level to assess and activate value created through business disruption and innovation. Project work varies greatly, from short PE due diligences (e.g. evaluating new players looking to transform their market), to long-term innovation transformation programmes (e.g. large corporates needing to re-invent their business through an agile and innovative cultural change project). Our clients so far span multiple industries, including travel & tourism, property, retail, financial services and the public sector.
A key pillar of our business mission, and one of our differentials, is the fact that sustainability underpins our business: we are a 1% for the Planet business and a pending B Corp. We’re about driving positive change and creating real value – for the world, our clients and for us. This is core to our day-to-day values and is used to determine the projects we run – if a project is not striving to bring about this positive change, we won’t do it.
Our team combines a wealth of experience, across consulting, industry and disruptive start-ups. Our founding partners are active in the day-to-day running of the business and add impressive expertise and experience. James Bidwell is a highly respected brand builder, ex Marketing Director of Selfridges and author of Amazon chart-topping book ‘Disrupt! 100 Lessons in Business Innovation’. Sophie Albizua is an ex Goldman Sachs banker and private equity / finance guru. Both James and Sophie are sought-after speakers and teachers, and mentor some of the most innovative start-up and scale-up companies in Europe today.
We are smart with our time, and our clients’, meaning we value quality and impact of results, rather than hours worked. Most of our work is conducted from our vibrant office in Somerset House, and it is the norm to see colleagues catching up over a coffee, collaborating across projects and enjoying weekly office lunches together.
Having established solid foundations over the past 18 months and an increasing demand for our consulting work, we are now looking to enter the next phase of growth for RE_SET. As a current team of ~8 consultants, this is an opportunity to join a business that is growing fast: the potential for progression is significant for the right candidate. For more details and how to apply, please see below.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Owning workstreams and managing small projects, with a balance of guidance and autonomy
- Planning, structuring and delivering project research, analysis and recommendations in the form of written deliverables, client meetings and workshops
- Running client meetings and facilitating project workshops between small stakeholder groups
- Continuously learning and keeping up to date on relevant market trends, industry news, and technical tools that are relevant to RE_SET sectors and our work more generally
- Participating in the company’s PR activities, including writing articles and designing and uploading content to the company’s website and selected social networks
- Contributing to developing the company’s set of tools and methodologies
- Contributing to, and producing, RE_SET proposals and pitch materials
- Pro-actively playing a role in internal RE_SET initiatives, such as marketing and recruiting
What We Look For
- Previous excellent delivery in a professional services role, with a strong track record of achieving great results
- A smart, energetic and creative thinker who can generate big-picture inspirational ideas and solutions, all whilst maintaining structure and a focus on the details
- Demonstrable analytical and quantitative skills, including financial modelling
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage own time and workload, including being able to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for innovation as a topic, either through previous professional experience, volunteering activity, entrepreneurial venture or past student project
- A true entrepreneurial spirit and hunger to contribute to the building of RE_SET
- Minimum 2-3 years of professional work experience. At least one year in professional services (e.g. consulting or investment banking)
- Top quartile academic record in any discipline
- Perfect command of English, both written and oral
- Expert in MS Excel and PowerPoint. Ability to structure and develop quantitative excel models and analysis, to generate data-driven results and recommendations. Ability to structure, create and present top quality presentations.
- Digitally savvy and able to fluently converse in key business concepts
- Comfortable interacting one-on-one with clients and building new professional relationships quickly
- Demonstrable entrepreneurial experience, having either setup, or participated, in early stage startups or run their own business or society
- Knowledge of the startup scene and is up to date with the latest trends, technology and software development
- Experience in advanced analytics and visualization tools (Tableau, Alteryx, PowerBI, etc.)
- Location: 80% based at our office in Somerset House. Occasional travel to client site around London and the UK, dependent on project.
- Perks: Start-up office culture, the best work-life balance you will see in consulting, weekly team lunch, regular office drinks, option to work from home on Fridays, exciting and meaningful projects
- Remuneration: Total on target compensation £65k – £90k (depending on experience) + Equity in the business
At Movemeon, we connect (ex) consultants and freelancers with job opportunities, advice & events. Register now to view and apply to jobs, for insider advice & networking / industry events.
Related Case Studies
Shell hired a Strategy Consultant (2-3 months)
Successful candidate: ex-McKinsey. Company: Global group of energy and petrochemical companies.
Unit4 hired an M&A Consultant (2-3 months)
Successful candidate: ex-BCG. Company: Technology company providing software systems.
Landsec hired a Transformation Director (Freelance)
Successful candidate: ex-PwC. Company: leading property business with over £5bn under management.