Re_Set hired a Freelance Consultant. This role was viewed by 157 Movemeon members and received 27 applications.
The successful candidate previously worked at BCG.
This company was supported by Max, Freelance Team Lead.
An in-depth description of the role
Start Date: Monday 23rd September
Project Length: 6 weeks (extension possible and to be agreed at a later date).
Day rate: £350 – £475 depending on experience.
Frequency: 4 days per week.
Applications reviewed and interviewed on a rolling basis, first come first served.
RE_SET is a boutique strategic innovation consultancy. We work at Board level to assess and activate value created through business disruption and innovation. Project work varies greatly, from short PE due diligences (e.g. evaluating new players looking to transform their market), to long-term innovation transformation programmes (e.g. large corporates needing to re-invent their business through an agile and innovative cultural change project). Our clients so far span multiple industries, including travel & tourism, property, retail, financial services and the public sector.
Our team combines a wealth of experience, across consulting, industry and disruptive start-ups. Our founding partners are active in the day-to-day running of the business and add impressive expertise and experience. James Bidwell is a highly respected brand builder, ex Marketing Director of Selfridges and author of Amazon chart-topping book ‘Disrupt! 100 Lessons in Business Innovation’. Sophie Albizua is an ex Goldman Sachs banker and private equity / finance guru. Both James and Sophie are sought-after speakers and teachers, and mentor some of the most innovative start-up and scale-up companies in Europe today.
We are smart with our time, and our clients’, meaning we value quality and impact of results, rather than hours worked. Most of our work is conducted from our vibrant office in Somerset House, and it is the norm to see colleagues catching up over a coffee, collaborating across projects and enjoying weekly office lunches together.
What You’ll Be Doing
We are currently looking for an Associate level consultant (3 – 6 years experience) to support with an ongoing project delivery. The project is a very exciting, highly strategic retail transformation for a leading UK client. You would be working with an existing Re_Set team and would have direct exposure with the client and would lead on key elements of the delivery. This is the chance to learn about, and influence, a household name for many years to come. More details will be provided at interview and strictly under NDA.
- Owning workstreams and managing elements of the project, with a balance of guidance and autonomy
- Planning, structuring and delivering project research, analysis and recommendations in the form of written deliverables, client meetings and workshops
- Running client meetings and facilitating project workshops between small stakeholder groups
- Leading qualitative research and output creation, including the follow-ups of workshops, interviews with client and market experts and when shaping and detailing the new proposition
What We Look For
- Previous excellent delivery in a professional services role, with a strong track record of achieving great results
- A smart, energetic and creative thinker who can generate big-picture inspirational ideas and solutions, all whilst maintaining structure and a focus on the details
- Demonstrable analytical and quantitative skills, including financial modelling
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage own time and workload, including being able to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Minimum 3 years of consulting work experience (as a generalist, strategy consultant or retail expert)
- Top quartile academic record in any discipline
- Perfect command of English, both written and oral
- Expert in MS Excel and PowerPoint. Ability to structure and develop quantitative excel models and analysis, to generate data-driven results and recommendations. Ability to structure, create and present top quality presentations.
- Digitally savvy and able to fluently converse in key business concepts
- Comfortable interacting one-on-one with clients and building new professional relationships quickly
- Demonstrable entrepreneurial experience, having either setup, or participated, in early stage startups or run their own business or society
- Experience in retail projects / strategic proposition design
- Deadline to receive applications for this campaign: Midday, Monday 16th September
- Day rate: £350 – £500 depending on experience (4 – 5 days per week). Please state your rate and number of days in your appplication.
- Location: 95% based at our office in Somerset House. Occasional travel to client site around London and Eurpoe.
- Perks: Start-up office culture, the best work-life balance you will see in consulting, weekly team lunch, regular office drinks, option to work from home on Fridays, exciting and meaningful project
Related Case Studies
LEK hired a Due Diligence Freelancer (4 weeks)
Successful candidate: ex-McKinsey. Company: Global strategy consulting firm.
Manifesto Growth Architects hired a Consultant (Growth Strategy)
Successful candidate: ex-PWC. Company: FT voted leading UK consultancy.
Oxbow Partners hired a senior consultant
Successful candidate: ex-Bain. Company: fast-growing strategy consultancy.