This role was viewed by 328 Movemeon members and received 51 applications.
The successful candidate previously worked at OC&C.
This company was supported by Sabah, Client Success Manager.
An in-depth description of the role
We are a market-leading, high growth consumer business. We have rapidly expanded to become a technology-enabled, nationwide brand. Over the coming years, we will continue to grow and innovate and are looking to build our commercial team accordingly.
About the Commercial Manager / “Right Hand” role
This opportunity is to work alongside the Commercial Director, initially in a “right hand” capacity. At the outset, the main focus areas are:
- Developing our customer insight capabilities so we can reveal further growth opportunities from a better understanding of our customers and
- Revenue management (i.e, optimising proposition & price to maximise revenue growth).
As we are a young and growing business, you will need to roll your sleeves up and “get things done” in the first year or so. In due course, the intention is that you will help the Commercial Director to build out the team – an opportunity for you to shape the function and hire underneath you. Recognising that we are equally open to candidates already “in industry”, in consulting terms, we envisage the ideal candidate is a solid “Consultant” / “Associate” level and looking to step up to “Project Lead / Manager” level.
The role is based in central London and we envisage a basic salary between £60-90k depending on experience.
This role will suit someone who is sufficiently experienced to deliver independently, work cross-functionally and, in time, manage more junior team members. However, the core part of the role at the start will involve some “heavy lifting”, particularly in terms of analysis. You must be prepared to get into the detail, as well as help shape the commercial management of the business.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience
- Consumer experience (at a minimum, multiple consulting projects to consumer businesses)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving experience and capability
- Happy to do analysis
- Happy to get stuck in operationally
- Able to shape the role and the function
- A strategy consulting background
Nice to haves:
- Revenue management and / or consumer insight experience
- Both consulting and industry experience (i.e, you have worked outside of consulting ideally in a consumer business)
- Demonstrable track record of building a function or capability
- Interest in sport / leisure / fitness
- People / project team / client team management experience
The Commercial Director is working with movemeon to receive interest and applications will be reviewed ongoing and interviews arranged on a 1st come 1st served basis. Ideally, we will have received your interest by end of day Thursday 6th June. Please make sure you:
- Tailor your CV
- Write a compelling cover note addressing the “must-have” requirements for the role (and “nice to haves” where possible). This should only take you 10-15mins but it really helps your application to stand out from the crowd – “Right Hand” roles are always popular.
- Have salary expectations between £60-90k
Due to the nature of this opportunity, we are required to keep the company name confidential at this point. However, this will be shared with you, should we wish to proceed with your application to interview – and you will have the opportunity to reconfirm your interest at that stage. We look forward to hearing from you.
Related Case Studies
Tech and services platform hired a Freelance Business Analyst
Candidate: Previously worked at PwC. Company: tech and services platform
GSK hired a Senior Director
Candidate: Previously worked at McKinsey. Company: global healthcare company
Health tech company hired a Strategy & Operations Associate
Candidate: Previously worked at Javelin Group Company: seed-stage health tech company.