Hanover Investors advertised on Movemeon for a Senior Analyst to work with ex-McK Associate Partner, playing critical role in expansion of investment team for leading PE / public market investor.
The successful Movemeon member previously worked at Boston Consulting Group.
This company was supported by Laila, Client Success Manager.
Hanover Investors is a London-based public & private equity investor, founded in 2002, with a unique franchise and reputation in its space. We take a private equity approach to public market investing either taking large minority stakes in listed businesses, or taking listed businesses private. Our returns are rooted in driving transformational changes – typically through operational changes, acceleration of growth or via M&A – which we achieve by joining the Board and/or taking executive positions in our portfolio companies. To date, the strategy has delivered 40%+ IRRs consistently over 18 years.
Hanover Investors is a small team environment with a hands-on approach and a culture of self-direction and entrepreneurialism. Our portfolios are concentrated, requiring deep analysis, more consistent with a private rather than public equity investors. Personality is as important in this regard. We have found those who enjoy and are successful within Hanover typically have a genuine interest in the public markets, are natural “self-starters”, and have a pragmatic outlook and approach.
The Senior Analyst role will primarily focus on:
- Generating investment ideas, including detailed financial and commercial analyses of target companies
- Managing part of the Hanover deal pipeline and investment process
- Owning streams of detailed due diligence where Hanover is evaluating take private opportunities
- Preparing and presenting investment materials for internal investment meetings and the external Investment Committee once deals are at a later stage
- Portfolio management and tracking, progressing to Board Observer roles in due course
Our ideal candidate will likely have 2-4 years’ relevant experience and have the following skills and background:
- Top tier university with strong academics
- Experience in one or more of: equity research, strategy consulting from a top tier firm (preferably including due diligence) or accounting applied in deal related settings
- Highly analytical, with strong attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial spirit and track record
- Strong strategic/commercial judgement
- Good financial understanding – able to talk sensibly to accounting and valuations – and comfortable with numbers
Related Case Studies
Strategist (Snr Consultant level) at Booz Allen Hamilton
Successful candidates: ex-Booz Allen Hamilton | Associate | Strategy
Freelance CDD Manager at leading life science boutique
Successful candidate: ex-McKinsey | Manager | Strategy
(Freelance) Programme Manager at Bridges Fund Management
Successful candidate: 10 years experience | Associate | Programme, project & change mgt