Re_Set advertised on Movemeon for a Senior Consultant to own and manage stimulating projects, with high exposure to board-level clients, at rapidly growing strategic innovation consultancy.
The successful consultant previously worked at Accenture and has extensive Director-level experience.
This company was supported by Sabah, Client Success Manager.
RE_SET is a boutique strategic innovation consultancy. We work at Board level to assess and activate value created through business disruption and innovation. Project work varies greatly, from short PE due diligences (e.g. evaluating new players looking to transform their market), to long-term innovation transformation programmes (e.g. large corporates needing to re-invent their business through an agile and innovative cultural change project). Our clients so far span multiple industries, including travel & tourism, property, retail, financial services and the public sector.
A key pillar of our business mission, and one of our differentials, is the fact that sustainability underpins our business: we are a 1% for the Planet business and a pending B Corp. We’re about driving positive change and creating real value – for the world, our clients and for us. This is core to our day-to-day values and is used to determine the projects we run – if a project is not striving to bring about this positive change, we won’t do it.
Our team combines a wealth of experience, across consulting, industry and disruptive start-ups. Our founding partners are active in the day-to-day running of the business and add impressive expertise and experience. James Bidwell is a highly respected brand builder, ex Marketing Director of Selfridges and author of Amazon chart-topping book ‘Disrupt! 100 Lessons in Business Innovation’. Sophie Albizua is an ex Goldman Sachs banker and private equity / finance guru. Both James and Sophie are sought-after speakers and teachers, and mentor some of the most innovative start-up and scale-up companies in Europe today.
We are smart with our time, and our clients’, meaning we value quality and impact of results, rather than hours worked. Most of our work is conducted from our vibrant office in Somerset House, and it is the norm to see colleagues catching up over a coffee, collaborating across projects and enjoying weekly office lunches together.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Owning workstreams and managing small projects, with a balance of guidance and autonomy
- Planning, structuring and delivering project research, analysis and recommendations in the form of written deliverables, client meetings and workshops
- Running client meetings and facilitating project workshops between small stakeholder groups
- Continuously learning and keeping up to date on relevant market trends, industry news, and technical tools that are relevant to RE_SET sectors and our work more generally
- Participating in the company’s PR activities, including writing articles and designing and uploading content to the company’s website and selected social networks
- Contributing to developing the company’s set of tools and methodologies
- Contributing to, and producing, RE_SET proposals and pitch materials
- Pro-actively playing a role in internal RE_SET initiatives, such as marketing and recruiting
What We Look For
- Previous excellent delivery in a professional services role, with a strong track record of achieving great results
- A smart, energetic and creative thinker who can generate big-picture inspirational ideas and solutions, all whilst maintaining structure and a focus on the details
- Demonstrable analytical and quantitative skills, including financial modelling
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage own time and workload, including being able to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for innovation as a topic, either through previous professional experience, volunteering activity, entrepreneurial venture or past student project
- A true entrepreneurial spirit and hunger to contribute to the building of RE_SET
- Minimum 3+ years of strategy consulting experience
- Top quartile academic record in any discipline
- Perfect command of English, both written and oral
- Expert in MS Excel and PowerPoint. Ability to structure and develop quantitative excel models and analysis, to generate data-driven results and recommendations. Ability to structure, create and present top quality presentations.
- Digitally savvy and able to fluently converse in key business concepts
- Comfortable interacting one-on-one with clients and building new professional relationships quickly
- Demonstrable entrepreneurial experience, having either setup, or participated, in early stage startups or run their own business or society
- Knowledge of the startup scene and is up to date with the latest trends, technology and software development
- Experience in advanced analytics and visualization tools (Tableau, Alteryx, PowerBI, etc.)
What we offer
- The best work-life balance you will see in consulting. 80% based at our office in Somerset House with occasional travel to client site around London and the UK, dependent on project.
- Great start-up office culture with weekly team lunches, regular office drinks and flexible working.
- Genuinly impactful, innovative and meaningful project work.
- Ability to be involved and/or lead internal initiatives and have a say the direction of the business
Base salary of 53K – 74K (avg £63K) + Bonus 27% + equity in the business
We want to know more about you than your relevant work experience – we want to know why you want to join Re_Set and why you think you would be a good fit. We are passionate about sustainability and we love to see an entreprenurial spirit, so please ensure these points shine through on your cover note.
Related Case Studies
Strategist - Consumer & Retail at This Place
Successful candidate: 2 years of relevant experience and previously worked at Elixirr
Category Manager (Strategy) at Manual
Successful candidate: 3 years of relevant experience and previously worked at L.E.K
Transformation Consultant at Kantar
Successful candidate: 4 years of relevant experience and previously worked at Strategy&