Sonder hired a Senior Operations Manager. This role was viewed by 581 Movemeon members and received 62 applications.
The successful candidate previously worked at BCG.
This company was supported by Max, Freelance Team Lead.
An in-depth description of the role
Each Sonder is a purposefully selected, designed and maintained living space – customised to reflect the vibe of its neighbourhood. Whether your stay is two days, two months or two years, in a studio or a six-bedroom, Sonder ensures a unique, yet consistent experience. And with 24/7 on-demand service, crisp linens, and over 200 other quality standards, we’re taking stay further for guests all around the world.
We’re in the business of taking beautiful blank apartments and homes and turning them into incredibly well designed and functional “hometels”. We’re growing quickly and need someone who is a project manager at heart. Someone who is able to handle the day-to-day management of our locations across London to ensure all of our guests are happy. Someone who would innovate locally to create truly memorable experiences for our guests. Think of a hotel where the rooms are distributed across a city; they’re different shapes, sizes, ages, and styles, and we still want to offer hotel-like services. That’s what you’ll own.
Senior Operations Manager
We’re looking for someone who is overachieving, energetic, detail-oriented, highly organised, passionate about hospitality, and experienced in operations and supply chain management to join our team. The Operations Manager’s mandate is simple: Make sure our locations are jaw-dropping and take our guest experience to the next level.
What you’ll do
– Work closely with our General Manager to understand when new locations are coming online, and what is needed to make the location guest-ready
– Be a master of quality control and make sure we’re always delivering on the Sonder Promise
– Grow and manage a team of highly customer centric talent to be the face of your operation, delivering on needs such as meeting guests during check-in, performing quality audits, preparing personalised welcome packets and rapid responding to any guest needs
– Manage vendor relationships with housekeeping companies (we work with a few), linens companies, moving companies, maintenance workers, handymen, plumbers, electricians, and more
– Manage the warehouse – from coffee filters to toasters to wine glasses to trash cans, everything has its place
– Run an efficient process and consistently work to grow our bottom line through cost savings and creative solutions
What we’re looking for
– 5+ years of professional experience in consulting, operations, logistics or supply chain management
– Incredibly hardworking and willing to do what it takes for us to reach our goals
– Great communicator and delegator
– MBA and experience in hospitality are a bonus.
– Comfortable with spreadsheets and task management tools
– Extremely analytical and adept problem solver
-Sonder logoSonder logo A perfectionist, obsessing over all the details