Amazon used Movemeon to fill a Senior Partnerships Manager role.
The successful Movemeon member previously worked as a Junior Engagement Manager at McKinsey & Co, and holds a MBA from INSEAD.
Amazon is one of the world’s largest online retailers and one of the best-known brands in e-commerce.
An in-depth description of the role
Amazon is one of the world’s largest online retailers and one of the best-known brands in e-commerce. The Partnership team at Amazon is responsible for acquiring customers via Amazon’s well-known affiliate network.
You will need to grasp the big picture quickly, create ambitious goals for the team, effectively communicate these strategies to achieve the desired goals, as well as inspire and mentor the team to success. You will instil confidence in our partners and people. You will demonstrate a strong commercial acumen and be comfortable navigating partner integrations.
We are currently seeking a Senior Partnerships Manager for our Madrid office who will lead the Amazon Associates program in Spain to even greater success. Our ideal candidate will have had experience leading sales & marketing teams to increase revenues through partnerships in the e-commerce sector.
You will be growing our Associate Program by developing our partner network. You will be a key member of the Marketing team, supporting strategic initiatives across our Associate network as well as being a strong internal partner for our Retail leaders.
- Building the relationship with key partners in order to grow our common business and maximize revenue.
- Leading business development activities and signing the key local sites onto the program.
- Controlling marketing budget and devising ways of spending more efficiently.
- Providing technical and business requirements for new product development.
- Initiating and managing projects specific to Spain, as well as across the EU.
- Contributing to the annual financial planning exercise.
- Analyzing and improving business results, reporting on results to senior management and communicating closely with various internal stakeholders.
- Coordination of 1 resource.
- 3-5 years in top strategy or management consulting firm; the ideal candidate will have had experience in retail/e-commerce.
- Demonstrated skills in managing complex processes with multiple business owners and making tradeoffs against business priorities.
- Excellent organizational and data analysis skills; ability to derive actionable conclusions from large data sets.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; at ease when dealing with senior management.
- Demonstrated ability to work with global technology and business teams.
- High attention to detail.
- A bachelor’s degree is required.
Related Case Studies
Senior Operations Consultant at the NHS
Successful candidate: ex-EY-Parthenon | Manager | Operations
Strategy and Transformation Associate at Upfield
Successful candidates: ex-McKinsey & Company | Associate | Strategy
Commercial Manager - Leadership Fast-track at IWG
Successful candidates: ex Bain & Co | Associate | Strategy