Refinitiv advertised on Movemeon for a Senior Strategy M&A Associate to support the integration of the business with the LSE and support the development of major strategic projects.The successful Movemeon member previously worked at CIL Management Consultants.
This company was supported by Gaby, Client Success Manager.
Refinitiv is one of the world’s largest providers of financial markets data and infrastructure, serving over 40,000 institutions in over 190 countries. We provide leading data and insights, trading platforms, and open data and technology platforms that connect a thriving global financial markets community – driving performance in trading, investment, wealth management, regulatory compliance, market data management, enterprise risk and fighting financial crime.
Once the Financial & Risk division of the Thomson Reuters Corporation, we became Refinitiv is October 2018, after the private equity firm Blackstone bought a majority stake in the company. In August 2019, it was announced that London Stock Exchange will buy Refinitiv, with the deal expected to close by H2 2020.
You’ll be executing a large transformation plan in marketing (80%) and HR (20%). We don’t need someone with HR specific skills.
The Senior Strategy Associate will enjoy a high level of personal impact driven by applying the traditional strategy & M&A skills to tangible and complex challenges of a $6b+ financial corporation.
This role reports into one of the Strategy Managers, ultimately reporting to the Chief M&A officer and Chief Strategy officer, but will work closely with the rest of the strategy and M&A team and business leadership at a global level, to:
- Support in the process of integration of Refinitiv with London Stock Exchange (as announced in August 2019)
- Enable and foster a deep connection between organic and inorganic priorities across the business (‘M&A pipeline’)
- Lead smaller projects to define and potentially accelerate Refinitiv growth
- Support in the development of major strategic projects and related activities, including:
- Helping to plan and scope work
- Framing and analysing issues to draw out key strategic insights for the business
- Creating clear and structured materials to communicate thinking and recommendations
- Support in refreshing and updating an M&A pipeline by working directly with multiple stakeholders (business leaders, other strategy team members, external stakeholders)
- Proactively take ownership for workstreams and research initiatives by directly engaging with internal stakeholders, with the intent to manage full projects further down the line
- Support in preparing documents and ad hoc analyses to meet requests from internal and external stakeholders (e.g. consultants, bankers)
We are looking for someone able to be quickly autonomous with strong project management skills and capacity to deal with senior stakeholders, more specifically:
- Minimum of 2 years strategy consulting or investment banking experience (Senior Analyst/ Senior Associate level)
- Some exposure to Financial Services or Market Infrastructure space and knowledge of M&A and due diligence processes preferred
- University / college degree required; masters preferred
- Proven analytical, quantitative skills, advanced experience with Microsoft Office (in particular Excel and Power Point)
- Basic knowledge of corporate finance and valuation methods to perform high level company due diligence/ valuations
- Exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal, including ability to synthesize the work of others)
- Strong interpersonal skills at a senior management and peer level
- Proven ability to build relationships and influence at all levels within an organization
- Ability to handle multi-tasking environment, meet deadlines, and work with a wide range of confidential information
- Resourceful, with ability and desire to find solutions where they are not obvious
At Movemeon, we connect (ex) consultants and freelancers with job opportunities, advice & events. Register now to view and apply to jobs, for insider advice & networking / industry events.