SKY hired a Group Strategy Senior Manager. This role was viewed by 128 Movemeon members and received 17 applications.
The successful Movemeon candidate submitted their application on the 6th June and accepted the offer on the 30th.
The candidate previously worked at Accenture.
This company was supported by Laila, ClientSuccess Manager.
An in-depth description of the role
About Sky and our team
Together we work hard to give our customers a better entertainment and communications experience and are always looking for ways to improve in everything we do. That’s why our people are critical to our success. Our unique environment helps everyone to do their best work, fulfil their potential and achieve great things together.
We are a team of around 20 people, ranging from Analyst (graduate) to Head of Strategy. We report into our Director of Strategy, Nick Herm and ultimately to our UK & ROI CEO, Stephen Van Rooyen. Backgrounds in the team vary from consulting, to finance, to operational. We’re also a mix of people who have moved internally from other areas of Sky to people who have joined Sky from other businesses.
Our Team Culture
The team is full of ambitious people who aren’t afraid to work hard when required. That said, we work on output not an input basis and we take a sustainable work-life balance extremely seriously. Flexible working, be it needing to work from home, or needing to take some time out of the day to run errands or get in your workout at the brilliant new Sky gym is encouraged to make sure you can meet life as well as work commitments.
We take development really seriously here at Sky and support individuals in achieving their goals. Being a small-ish team, there are plenty of opportunities for development and promotion within strategy but we’re also a pipeline of talent across the business.
We’re campus based in Osterley, easily accessible on foot from Syon Lane station (on the mainline from Waterloo) or various tube stations (Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing) with a free shuttle bus to and from the office. Being predominantly focused on UK strategy, very little travel is involved but occasionally projects may involve a trip to one of our Dublin, Munich or Milan offices.
Your Key Responsibilities
- As a Group Strategy Senior Manager, you will help ensure Sky makes the right decisions, on the issues that matter.
- Working independently to plan, shape and deliver multiple strategic projects and able to demonstrate sound judgement in making strategic recommendations
- Analysing and making recommendations on customer proposition, product and pricing strategy across all existing areas of Sky’s business and new sector opportunities
- Exploring content investments
- Managing strategy analysts and managers to produce insightful reports on key trends and competitor activity
- Managing strategy analysts in building and communicating complex business models
- Commissioning and analysing robust consumer research projects
- Presenting to and influencing senior directors and executives within Sky
- Passion for the media and telecoms market with the ambition to make a difference in a fast-paced and growing business
- A background in the media and telecoms sector is helpful but not essential
- 5 or more years’ experience in strategy, commercial, finance, consulting or operational management
- Economics, maths or finance-related qualifications are helpful but not essential
- Excellent strategic awareness; able to decompose and simplify complex problems
- A confident communicator
- Strong teammate, able to work independently, lead, support, listen and collaborate
- Lateral and creative thinker, showing flair and imagination in tackling complex tasks using own initiative
As a valued employee, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one-off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. What’s more, you’ll also have access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. As if that’s not enough, our impressive Osterley campus boasts endless subsidised restaurants, on-site cinema, on-site gym, and much more to make your experience with us even more enjoyable. We’re also always happy to talk flexible working. We’re very aware that it’s our people that make us Europe’s leading entertainment company.