SKY hired a Head of Strategy Consultant. This role was viewed by 128 Movemeon members and received 17 applications.
The successful Movemeon candidate submitted their application on the 14th June and accepted the offer on the 19th.
The candidate is Cambridge Alumni.
This company was supported by Laila, Client Success Manager.
An in-depth description of the role
About Sky and our team
Together we work hard to give our customers a better entertainment and communications experience and are always looking for ways to improve in everything we do. That’s why our people are critical to our success. Our unique environment helps everyone to do their best work, fulfil their potential and achieve great things together.
The UK Strategy Team is a team of around 25 people who work on projects across all areas of Sky’s business. Working as part of this team, you will be handling complex and challenging issues facing the business.
Purpose of the role:
You will offer strategic direction on both existing and new lines of Sky’s business. Some examples of key strategic initiatives that have been run out of the team include:
- Content investment and partnership decisions
- Launch of Sky Mobile and commercial deal negotiations
- Major rights auctions
- Major product and platform strategy developments
- Reporting into the Director of Strategy, you will be one of a handful of Heads of Strategy collectively supporting the management of the team and projects
- Working independently to plan, shape and deliver multiple strategic projects and able to demonstrate sound judgement in making strategic recommendations
- Presenting to and influencing Sky’s leadership team on important issues, including
- Recommendations on customer proposition, product and pricing strategy across all existing areas of Sky’s business and new sector opportunities
- Major investment decisions
- Insightful reports on key trends and competitor activity
- Managing small teams on projects and commissioning and analysing consumer research projects
- Passion for the media and telecoms market with the ambition to make a difference in a fast-paced and growing business
- 6-8+ years’ experience in strategy consulting or a strategic role
- Excellent strategic awareness; able to break down and simplify complex problems
- A confident communicator
- Strong team player, able to work independently, lead, support, listen and collaborate
- Economics, engineering, maths or finance-related qualifications are helpful but not essential
- Lateral and creative thinker, showing flair and imagination in tackling complex tasks using own initiative
As a valued employee, you’ll benefit from a free Sky Q premium package (one-off payment required for installation), an excellent pension scheme and private health care. What’s more, you’ll also have access to over 12,000 LinkedIn Learning courses to support your development. As if that’s not enough, our impressive Osterley campus boasts endless subsidized restaurants, on-site cinema, on-site gym, and much more to make your experience with us even more enjoyable.
We’re also always happy to talk flexible working. We’re very aware that it’s our people that make us Europe’s leading entertainment company.
Diversity at Sky
We celebrate diversity. Because different people, with different perspectives, make Sky a better business. Our customers are incredibly diverse, so we should be, too. That’s why we’re working hard to build an inclusive culture, where you can be yourself. Whoever you are. Wherever you’re from.
We are especially proud to have been recognised as one of the Times Top 50 UK Employers for Women, Inclusive Top 50 UK Employer and Stonewall Top 100 Employers.
Related Case Studies
Senior Operations Consultant at the NHS
Successful candidate: ex-EY-Parthenon | Manager | Operations
Strategy and Transformation Associate at Upfield
Successful candidates: ex-McKinsey & Company | Associate | Strategy
Commercial Manager - Leadership Fast-track at IWG
Successful candidates: ex Bain & Co | Associate | Strategy