Funding Circle advertised on Movemeon for Special Projects to drive strategy for the world’s leading marketplace focused on small businesses.
The successful Movemeon member previously worked at Roland Berger.
About Funding Circle
Funding Circle is the world’s leading marketplace exclusively focused on small businesses — more than $1 billion has been lent to 8,000 businesses in the UK and USA. Today, 40,000 individuals, financial institutions and even the UK Government are investing in small businesses through our marketplace.
Funding Circle is one of the best capitalized marketplace lending platforms in the world. We have raised around $300 million of equity capital since 2010 from some of the largest and most sophisticated investors in the world including Accel Partners, Baillie Gifford, BlackRock, DST Global, Index Ventures, Ribbit Capital, Sands Capital, Temasek and Union Square Ventures.
We are seeking a top-performing smart and motivated individual to join a fast-growing and exciting business, reporting directly to the ex-BCG UK Head of Special Projects, to support, develop and drive the business strategy. The role is varied, with exposure across the entire business and will involve working closely with operations, marketing and product teams.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working with the UK Head of Special Projects to shape the growth strategy and support with special projects, such as pricing strategy, attracting new forms of investors.
- Market and competitor analysis – tracking competitor performance, identifying and analysing new trends across different market segments to feed into internal process change
- Developing new product propositions, for both lenders and borrowers, planning and driving the implementation and go-to-market strategy for them.
- Supporting teams across the business to improve business-as-usual processes
- Working closely with Product, Marketing and Operations teams to lead, plan, project manage and support the implementation of these strategies and special projects
- Experience at a top tier strategy consulting firm
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to draw strategic insights from analysis and communicate concisely and effectively with junior and senior stakeholders within and outside the business
- Experience leading and managing own modules of work
- Adaptability and willingness to roll sleeves up and get involved with all parts of the business
- Collaborative, comfortable working across several different teams
- Excited about improving access to finance for SMEs and about seeing your recommendations come alive
- Experience in financial services not essential, but an advantage
Are you hungry, energetic, and multi-talented? Do you love coming up with better ways to do things? Do you speak up and have plenty of ideas, but are interested in hearing other people’s too? Do you work hard, learn fast, and do whatever it takes to get the job done, but know how to let your hair down on a Friday (or Thursday) night?!
Related Case Studies
US Country Lead at Taptap Send
Successful candidate: ex-Rocket Internet | Senior manager | General management
Senior Special Projects Manager at Comply Advantage
Successful candidate: 20 years of relevant experience and previously worked at AT Kearney
Commercial Strategy Manager at Ocado Zoom
Successful candidates: ex-Bain & Company | Manager | Strategy