From moving onto the high-street through to building out our presence in the US and Europe, as well as other international markets, Boden is evolving and needs people to join the team who are experts in making change happen. At Boden, you’ll be given an amazing opportunity to join our journey from a UK digital retailer to a global omnichannel brand.
About the role
Project Lead is a new role built for a high potential future leader in the business, reporting directly into the senior team. Your portfolio of responsibilities will expand and change over time, as new business-critical problems emerge
They advertised on Movemeon for a Strategic Portfolio Manager.
The successful Movemeon member previously worked at Deloitte.
If you are interested, here is the full job description:
About our team
It’s a great time to join us. Our team is fairly small, so there’s no danger of being pigeon-holed into a single, narrow project. We can guarantee that there will be no shortage of challenges for the successful candidate with real responsibility from Day One and lots of exposure to the Executive team. Boden is a great place to work, with a culture that is highly collaborative. We’re keen to recruit someone who will thrive by being in a fast-paced environment, open, flexible and friendly.
About the role
Responsible directly to the Head of Change, you will lead the Boden Executive and Senior Leaders through the identification, definition, prioritisation, reporting and communication of the Boden Plan (a portfolio of initiatives) to realise the strategic and financial objectives of the business. You will be ensuring there are the appropriate ‘success factors’ in place to support the effective delivery of the overall plan. Applying your experience in project and change management, you will be coaching the business in these areas.
- Support the translation of the Boden Strategy and Ambition into a long-term high-level Plan through working closely with the Executive and other key stakeholders
- Lead the development and maintenance of a 3-year strategic portfolio (‘the Plan’) for all key projects that supports Boden to realise its strategic ambitions through developing the required capabilities
- Be the key advisor to the business regarding how to engage with the Plan and act as the key custodian of the plan
- Working collaboratively with Finance, ensure there are independent and transparent allocation and reporting of business investment and benefits realisation
- Support the development of a high-performing team of business change specialists, who work in collaboration with senior sponsors, stakeholders and other key parties to enable Boden to effectively realise its strategic ambition
- Play an active role in continuously improving the engagement and performance of the team, and act as a brand ambassador for the Change team across Boden
Our ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the potential and drive to develop personally and career-wise. If you have a strong academic background, have spent time in consulting focusing on retail and consumer business and ideally have some industry experience in one or more of the following then we might have a fantastic opportunity for you.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- Operating Model design
- Portfolio management
- Change management
- Project and Programme management
- Ability to positively resolve conflicts
Related Case Studies
Retail Experience & Omnichannel Consultant
Associate Level - Strategy - Acquired by The Estée Lauder Companies, Inc. in 1999, today the brand is available in 35 countries worldwide.
Senior Manager - Operational Excellence
Senior Manager Level - Strategy - KFC, part of the Yum family, alongside Pizza Hut and Taco Bell, are part of the world’s largest restaurant company in over 140 countries.
Assistant Strategy Manager – Commercial Strategy
Associate Level - Insight &Analytics - UK’s leading digital retailers, more than 60,000 products online and in-store.