This Place advertised on Movemeon.com searching for a strategist to drive delivery of consumer-focused digital experiences at an innovative digital consultancy.
The successful Movemeon candidate previously worked at Elixirr and has over 2 years of relevant experience.
This company was supported by Laila, Client Success Manager.
The original job description
This Place are a digital retail agency here to help retailers and brands move fast to navigate turbulent times. We do that by solving digital problems that stand in the way of driving profit and long term growth. Driven by purpose as much as profit, we design websites, apps and digital services used by millions of people daily. Alongside our flexible working policy, we believe in a sensible and healthy work-life balance. This does not mean we aren’t ambitious nor does it mean that we don’t work hard when needed. But it does mean that never-ending days working into the evenings (and often into the wee hours) become a thing of the past.
Our process blends business consulting and digital design to balance customer needs with commercial goals, and make sure our clients businesses are adaptable to change. It’s grounded in data at every step, and empowers teams to envision bold new customer experiences.
We’re a small team of carefully curated experts across the globe, focused on results. We come from retail, strategy, design, and technology backgrounds in large enterprises and are united by our passion to use digital to improve people’s lives, make better businesses and leave a lasting impact on the world. We’re part agency, part consultancy, part start up, part partner.
Join us and you’ll work on complex problems that drive you to learn and grow quickly; be empowered to make an impact; help us drive greater diversity & inclusion across the industry; and become part of a tight-knit team who love coming to work everyday.
We’re proud to have not only survived the trials of 2020, but to have grown. As a small team, we’ve successfully hired 11 new joiners in the last year, and are looking to further bolster our team in 2021.
The Role: Strategist
As we continue to grow our business, we are on the hunt for a driven, self-starting individual to take on a key role in our UK Strategy practice. The UK Strategy team is a close-knit group of 4, mostly from backgrounds in strategy consulting, who relish working with design and technology teams to solve digital problems.
We’re looking for a Strategist who will support our global client base across a variety of strategic design projects and emerging opportunities primarily in the retail and consumer sectors. Our clients include major companies such as Ahold Delhaize (Europe), Woolworths Group (Australia), Pernod Ricard (Global) and T-Mobile (USA), and our work spans a range of sub-sectors from grocery retail and CPG, to travel and telecommunications.
Reporting to the Head of Strategy, the Strategist will be confident in both executing key strategy deliverables on large strategic design projects, as well as leading small-scale projects independently.
The role is suited to those with a background in delivering strategic retail and customer-facing projects, with experience developing the vision and strategy for new propositions, supported by robust insights, and grounded in an understanding of operational implications and commercial reality.
- Execute key strategy deliverables on large strategic design projects and lead small-scale projects independently
- Undertake quantitative and qualitative research studies (e.g. trends analysis, market sizing, competitor assessment, customer research, company financial and business analysis)
- Analyse and draw insights and meaningful conclusions from research
- Research, write, and deliver presentations and reports to executive clients
- Run immersive workshops / working sessions with large client groups
- Co-create new business ideas and concepts with clients
- Develop capability recommendations / roadmap required to enable new opportunities
- Design concept pitch decks and / or business cases and assess commercial and user value of new opportunities
- Work collaboratively with This Place design and technology teams, in addition to many functions within our clients’ businesses to ensure that our recommendations – from discovery, to prototype and launch – are actionable and practical, delivering real business value and customer impact
- Contribute to the development and growth of the Strategy Practice & the rest of the business
- Likely between 2 and 4 years’ experience working on strategic projects (this may include working in consulting, in-house strategy, innovation teams, customer-facing start-ups and service design roles)
- Demonstrable experience of working on projects in the retail and/or consumer sectors
- Demonstrable experience of working on digital strategy projects
- Excellent general business acumen with exceptional problem solving skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Confident, driven, responsible and self directed
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Deep experience and mastery of presentation and data analysis tools (such as PowerPoint/Slides/Keynote and Excel/Sheets)
- Interest in working with design teams to deliver high-impact projects (experience working alongside designers preferred)
- Excellent written and spoken English required
- Experience working for large scale multinational retailers / brands is preferred
Related Case Studies
Transformation Consultant at Kantar
Successful candidate: 4 years of relevant experience and previously worked at Strategy&
Strategist (Snr Consultant level) at Booz Allen Hamilton
Successful candidates: ex-Booz Allen Hamilton | Associate | Strategy
Data Associate at CrossBoundary
Successful candidates: ex EY-Parthenon | Associate | Analytics & big data