The RAK Ruler Office advertised on Movemeon for a Strategist (Snr Consultant level) to Advise on strategy, development & investment as part of small team in office of the ruler of one of the UAE’s fast developing emirates.
The successful Movemeon member holds an MBA and previously worked at Booz Allen Hamilton.
This company was supported by Sabah, Client Success Manager.
One of the key socio-economic initiatives of the Office of Ras Al Khaimah is leading the development of a long-term strategy and implementation plan for the Emirate. The Office of the Ruler has the objective to develop, lead and oversee strategic initiatives. The office is relatively small – you’ll be working in a team of 4 in the strategic unit and with close proximity to the decision makers. You’ll work across multiple projects at once with the added benefit of seeing these projects right through from ideation to the end result. We are able to work efficiently and effectively allowing for a sensible work-life balance.
Responsibilities for the Senior Consultant role include strategic analysis and planning for the Emirate Policy facilitation and agenda setting, investment (e.g, via the sovereign wealth fund) and business reviews, advisory to support the decision-making process, blue-sky thinking and development of scenarios research and information.
The basic annual salary will be up to $140kUSD + bonus + package.
About Ras Al Khaimah
Ras Al Khaimah is one the seven emirates that make up the United Arab Emirates, conveniently located within an hour reach from Dubai (some of the team live locally and others commute daily from Dubai). The Emirate has seen steady development over years and continues expansion plans to meet its growth targets. Apart from economic competitiveness, Ras Al Khaimah is becoming a well-known tourist destination and is recognized as an attractive place to work and live with good quality of life and diverse population from over 80 countries.
Example Role Responsibilities
- Develop strategies and strategic policies to develop RAK vision across a variety of sectors and topics
- Identify and facilitate business development opportunities in collaboration with RAK stakeholders
- Conduct / facilitate commercial due diligence and investment appraisals
- Conduct research and strategic analysis on RAK’s performance and entities, regional and global trends and their implications and research briefs for RAK Ruler
- Review all submissions to RAK Ruler’s Office and provide independent and evidence based analysis and recommendations
- Build statistical databases and develop knowledge systems
- Oversee governance and execution framework
Essential Skills and Experience
- Operating at Senior Consultant level i.e, likely 4+ years of experience in strategy development and/or management consulting
- Strong communication skills and high level of intelligence
- Team skills – ability to work within a team structure, both internally and with external stakeholders
- Fluent Arabic Speaker
- Fluent in English
- Bachelor degree in engineering, economics or management is preferred
Desirable (but not required) Skills and Knowledge
- Knowledge and understanding of GCC/UAE business environment and dynamics
- Depth and expertise in one of RAK key sectors (manufacturing, tourism, transport and financial services) would be an advantage
Having hired 2 team members via movemeon in the past (and being movemeon members ourselves), we are receiving all applications via movemeon. So please click here to apply. We’ll be deciding upon interviewees by Thursday 23rd July 2020 so please aim to apply before then.
Related Case Studies
Transformation Consultant at Kantar
Successful candidate: 4 years of relevant experience and previously worked at Strategy&
Data Associate at CrossBoundary
Successful candidates: ex EY-Parthenon | Associate | Analytics & big data
Senior Operations Manager at scale up, preventative health service
Successful candidate: ex-McKinsey | Manager | Operations