Upfield advertised on Movemeon for a Strategy and Transformation Associate to drive insight and develop recommendations for Exco in team led by ex-Bain Partner.
This role was viewed by 696 Movemeon members.
The successful Movemeon member previously worked at McKinsey & Company.
This company was supported by Gaby, Client Success Manager.
We are the largest plant-based consumer product company in the world. Since 1871, we have been the authority in the spreads category which gives us unmatched experience, know-how and inspiration to deliver on our mission to create “a Better Plant-Based Future.”
We are the #1 producer of plant-based spreads globally, with iconic brands Flora, Rama, Blue Band, Pro-Activ, Becel, and Country Crock. Superior taste and quality is the standard we set for all our products.
The business is PE-backed, after KKR acquired Unilever’s spreads business in 2017 for €6.83 billion.
Plant-based – want to make an impact where it matters?
At Upfield our purpose is clear: we make people healthier and happier with nutritious and delicious, natural, plant-based products that are good for you, our planet; and with packaging that’s free from plastic.
We are the largest plant-based company in the world, and we believe in doing what’s right for our people, our customers and the planet.We’ve got iconic brands that people all over the world know and love. We’ve been a trusted category leader since 1871 and yet we feel like we’re only just getting started.
Performance, Passion and Care define who we are as a company, how we work every day, and the responsibility we feel toward our Associates, our consumers, our business partners and our world.
We have big ambitions to grow this business and we want to attract the right people – those that love what they do, thrive on responsibility and are looking for limitless career defining opportunities. You’ll have to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and it will take hard work and determination; we will give you the ownership you need to make an impact. You’ll have to deliver on the commitments you make. And we’ll give you the freedom and flexibility to do your job and build your own career. If you want to make an impact where it matters apply now!
Global Strategy and Transformation team
The Global Strategy and Transformation team is led by an ex-Bain consultant, and reports into the Chief Product Officer (ex-Bain Partner).
The team has a broad remit, working closely with the Senior Executives to drive the strategy and transformation agenda forward. Projects will likely span innovation, new market entries, cost reviews, and any other high priority focus areas for the Board.
The team is responsible for preparing key documents for the Executive Committee and the PE-business.
Strategy and Transformation Associate
You will report into the Head of Strategy & Transformation, working closing with other members of the team and the CPO.
You will be responsible for driving key business transformation projects across all functions, undertaking in-depth analysis of internal and external data to help deliver net revenue and gross margin growth.
As part of this, you will create and maintain business factbooks for company C-suite market reviews and support the head of strategy in generating executive committee and board meeting materials. Additionally, you will be responsible for developing on-going reporting and external tracking of business results across the portfolio.
The focus of the role is to provide insight and recommendation for positive change, not simply data analytics. We are looking for an excel champion with business acumen who can display a proactive attitude with key stakeholder and is a clear communicator. All this whilst gaining experience on key transformational projects across Upfield.
Given the high exposure of the role and team, you should expect fast progression and development.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Provide thorough analysis of data and supporting story, own the thinking and drive to the answer
- Be accountable and responsible to act as project manager on high profile projects typically supported by the executive committee
- Collaborate with associates across functions globally to identify, understand, design and plan to solve problems
- Own and maintain the process of delivering Market factbook reports for leadership market reviews
- Collect, review and report data input during company annual planning process
- Deliver ad-hoc analysis or market research when specified
What we’re looking for
- 2+ years of experience at a management consultancy (e.g. Bain, McKinsey, BCG) or a bank
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, mathematics, finance, economics, business, or related field.
- Ability to drive insight and solve problems based on facts and data, building a high quality audit trail, good working knowledge of Excel, Access a nice to have
- Zero defect with logical problem-solving skills; ability to identify problems with data quality and minimize reporting errors.
- Well organised, with dedication to quality and integrity.
- Ability to contribute effectively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Must be a self-motivator and enjoy solving problems.
- Clear and effective communicator; excellent written and verbal skills.
Related Case Studies
Strategist (Snr Consultant level) at Booz Allen Hamilton
Successful candidates: ex-Booz Allen Hamilton | Associate | Strategy
Senior Operations Consultant at the NHS
Successful candidate: ex-EY-Parthenon | Manager | Operations
Investment Analyst at Mount Capital
Successful candidate: ex-EY-Parthenon | Associate | Strategy