The Football Association advertised on Movemeon to hire a Strategy & Planning Manager to help the business analyse, evaluate and define strategic initiatives which directly contribute towards The FA’s 2024 objectives.
The successful Movemeon candidate previously worked at KPMG.
This company was supported by Laila, Client Success Manager.
The original job description
The Football Association is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels. We have big ambitions. Some of our objectives include ensuring that The Emirates FA cup remains the world’s premier cup competition, that Wembley Stadium and St. George’s Park continue to be world-class venues, and that success is achieved with each of our 24 national sides.
The shared values, vision and pride of our people is central to our success. We are growing a team of highly skilled, passionate and hardworking individuals who are committed to the future of English football. We understand that diversity promotes innovation, and therefore we look for people who are great at what they do, no matter their background.
The Strategic Planning function is responsible for helping the business to analyse, evaluate and define strategic initiatives which directly contribute towards The FA’s 2024 objectives.
This is a key role operating across multiple divisions of The FA, to bring increased focus and help drive strategic thinking through:
- Analysing, evaluating and providing robust recommendations on key strategic initiatives which are aligned with our organisational goals
- Supporting and leading on cross-functional projects, fostering innovation and driving collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
As Strategic Planning Manager, you will:
Strategy Generation & Deployment
- Carry out robust analysis to support the development of business cases to inform the medium to long term business direction and align with The FA’s 2024 objectives
- Support cross functional projects analysing internal and external environments and design strategic approaches for implementation
- Support the creation of strategic frameworks and performance measures which will assess the effectiveness of the implemented strategies and identify areas for improvement
Innovation & Trends
- Conduct primary and secondary analyses, identifying emerging trends and opportunities which drive improved operational and financial performance
- Work collaboratively with FA teams and at times other member associations, leagues and governing bodies in order to identify shared opportunities
- Support the business planning process ensuring alignment to FA objectives and budgetary constraints
- Work closely with business management teams to track initiative delivery and strategic execution (where applicable)
- Work across the organisation, obtaining support and buy in as required to develop strategic thinking
- Partner with a range of external stakeholders including agencies and consultancies
What we are looking for
- Strategic thinker with 4+ years’ experience in consulting
- Demonstrable experience developing and executing on innovative strategies with a focus on achieving strategic goals
- Attention to detail and pride in the presentation of outputs
- Ability to effectively communicate complex concepts for a range of stakeholders
- Financial modelling and presentation skills
- Highly analytical and results-oriented
- Stakeholder management – both internal and external
- Experience of Smartsheet is an advantage but not a necessity
What we offer
- Competitive salary of £60-65k dependant on experience
- Performance bonus
- Competitive benefits package
- Multiple football related perks
Related Case Studies
Top-tier Senior Consultant at NatWest Group
Successful candidate: ex-MBB | Senior Consultants | Strategy
Chief of Staff at leading PE-backed e-commerce scaleup
Successful candidate: ex-McKinsey | Chief of Staff | Strategy
Strategy Director at JELD-WEN
Successful candidate: ex-McKinsey | Director | Strategy