Our client, The Football Association, contacted Movemeon to hire a Strategy & Planning Manager based in London. The Strategy & Planning Manager is a key role to help the business analyse, evaluate and define strategic initiatives, which directly contribute towards The FA’s 2024 objectives.
The Football Association is the governing body of football in England. As part of its strategy to bring increased focus and help drive strategic thinking across multiple divisions, The FA reached out to Movemeom to hire a Strategy & Planning Manager.
The Strategy & Planning Manager role is responsible for analysing, evaluating and providing robust recommendations on key strategic initiatives and leading on cross-functional projects, fostering innovation and driving collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
The Football Association’s hiring needs
- 4+ years’ experience in consulting and demonstrable experience developing and executing on innovative strategies, with a focus on achieving strategic goals
- Ability to effectively communicate complex concepts for a range of stakeholders, both internal and external
- Financial modelling and presentation skills
How Movemeon supported
The FA was supported by Laila (Movemeon Client Success Team)
- From adding to your shortlist to advising on compensation, our specialists are here to help until you hire
- We can advise you on retention, job descriptions & more
- We help you increase your client brand recognition within our network so you can find top-caliber candidates
Delivery & Impact
- One of our industry experts had an in-depth conversation with the client to understand the hiring needs and craft an effective job description, which illustrated the unique selling points of the role and the client’s journey and future growth plans
- We then promoted this opportunity to our network, which comprises over 50,000 consultants, 45% of which have a background from Bain, McKinsey & BCG, with the others coming from major strategy firms, the Big Four and various boutiques
- The dedicated Success Manager, Laila, shortlisted the best candidates to match the role’s requirements and provided ongoing support to the client
- Within six weeks, The FA was able to extend an offer to the successful candidate, who previously worked at KPMG
- By partnering with Movemeon, the FA had access to an unrivalled pool of engaged consultants across the globe
- The FA saved significant costs compared to traditional headhunters or recruitment companies
- The FA hired the successful candidate into the Strategy & Planning Manager role
Oli is the large business expert at Movemeon. For information about hiring contact Oli
Related Case Studies
Transformation Director (Freelance) at Landsec
Successful candidate: ex-PwC. Company: leading property business with over £5bn under management.
Interim Strategy Consultant at Shell
Successful candidate: ex-McKinsey | Interim Strategy Consultant | Shell
Top-tier Senior Consultants at MasterCard Data & Services
Successful candidate | Strategy Director | Financial Services