The successful candidate previously worked at L.E.K.
This company was supported by Gaby, Client Success Manager.
An in-depth description of the role
Based in Sloane Square, Theramex is a new, global Specialty Pharmaceutical company, established in 2018. We are dedicated to Woman’s health, covering 4 therapeutic areas: contraception, fertility, menopause, osteoporosis. We are backed by CVC – one of the largest PE firms globally and have current sales of €250mn across 50 countries.
We have a very high caliber board, management, and global team, and are planning to grow rapidly through M&A and product in-licensing. This opportunity is to join the company ahead of our first launch and first portfolio acquisition – so really, the beginning of our buy and build journey.
The Board includes some of the top figures in the global pharma industry: Fred Hassan (CEO of Pharmacia, CEO Schering Plough, Chairman Bausch & Lomb); Flemming Ørnskov (CEO Shire); Cathrin Petty (European Head of Healthcare at CVC).
The Management team includes several McKinsey alum (CEO – Anish Mehta, COO – Gilad Myerson), GE alum (CFO – Ciaran Barr), and Pharma industry veterans.
About the team
In order to fulfill the ambitious carveout and M&A strategy, a very entrepreneurial team has been selected by the PE fund and Board. Our Launch & Integration Director is a Citibank, GE and EY alum with 20+ years experience across operations and consulting.
We are hiring for a couple of people to join the team in a ‘Launch and Integration manager’ role – reporting directly to the Senior Director, who in turn reports directly to our COO. There are several colleagues currently on the Integration team – most with top tier consulting background.
About the role: a real execution / ‘doing’ opportunity:
This is a classic step out of consutlting. We are looking for someone with a strong, generalist consulting skillset. No prior pharma / healthcare industry is required (although if you have it, that’s great).
The role provides a great opportunity to work across the value chain of the pharma business and develop a holistic understanding of the business. There is plenty of room for learning and growth – we are at the beginning of our journey, and career pathways include roles in commercial, in-country, bizdev, SC and more.
You will execute on two priorities:
- Drive successful product launches across multiple markets: 2-4 products a year; enable top-line goals;
- Coordinate and ensure readiness across functions: marketing, sales, SC planning, supplier relationships, artwork/livery, regulatory, quality;
- Set up and drive communication, governance and decision forums to deliver a successful launch;
- Work closely with local commercial and marketing teams to develop fit for purpose localised plans. Launches will be centred in France, Germany, Spain, Italy, UK, Belgium, Netherlands and Poland.
- Driving the integration of new products and businesses that have been acquired;
- Ensure all aspects of integrating businesses, ‘soup to nuts’: Setting up transitional service agreements and supply agreements, ensuring IT and system readiness, commercial understanding of product, SC setup, supplier negotiations;
- Manage external consultants for specific elements of the integration.
About the ideal candidate:
- Likely to be operating at between Consultant / Senior Consultant / Junior Manager level (with compensation expectations to match)
- Strong generalist consulting skill set (industry experience a plus but not required)
- Creative problem solver
- Hardworking with self-belief – enjoys the doing and takes humble pride in results, not a big talker
- Very practical and pragmatic mindset; ability to operate at pace
- Friendly and collaborative
- Passionate and motivated: hungry and eager to build and grow a business
- Entrepreneurial and resourceful
- Active listener: Open to and acts on feedback
- Good communicator
- Measured risk taker, comfortable with uncertainty
- Enjoys working in a team
Nice to haves
- A life sciences / medical / healthcare / scientific academic background
- Pharma/healthcare project experience
- Industry experience (pharma / healthcare / life sciences)
At Movemeon, we connect (ex) consultants and freelancers with job opportunities, advice & events. Register now to view and apply to jobs, for insider advice & networking / industry events.