This role was viewed by 365 Movemeon members and received 39 applications.
The successful candidate previously worked at Carnall Farrar.
This company was supported by Gaby, Client Success Manager.
An in-depth description of the role
Based in Sloane Square, Theramex is a new, global Specialty Pharmaceutical company, established in 2018. We are dedicated to Woman’s health, covering 4 therapeutic areas: contraception, fertility, menopause, osteoporosis. We are backed by CVC – one of the largest PE firms globally and have current sales of €250mn across 50 countries. We have a very high calibre board, management, and global team, and are planning to grow rapidly through M&A and product in-licensing. This opportunity is to join the company ahead of our first launch and first portfolio acquisition – so really, the beginning of our buy and build journey.
The Board includes some of the top figures in the global pharma industry: Fred Hassan (CEO of Pharmacia, CEO Schering Plough, Chairman Bausch & Lomb); Flemming Ørnskov (CEO Shire); Cathrin Petty (European Head of Healthcare at CVC). The Management team includes several McKinsey alum, GE alum, and Pharma industry veterans.
About the team
In order to fulfil the ambitious carveout and M&A strategy, a very entrepreneurial team has been selected by the PE fund and Board. In the ‘Right Hand to Commercial Director’ role, you will be working hand in hand with the Chief of Staff to the CEO, and will play an invaluable role supporting the Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) and broader Commercial Function in driving transformation to increase commercial productivity to the benefit of top and bottom line.
About the role
This is a rare opportunity to step out of consulting (or relevant industry position) into a role with real impact and exposure at the highest levels. Working closely with the Chief of Staff to the CEO (also ex consulting), the role will also support the company’s functions according to circumstances and needs. This will be a cross-functional role working with country General Managers, sales managers and brand managers to ensure focus and prioritisation is in the right place for commercial impact.
- Lead strategic initiatives on behalf of the Chief Commercial Officer
- Drive execution excellence in Theramex’s direct and distributor markets
- Develop analytically driven approaches to measuring performance and identify opportunities for performance improvements
- Support broader business strategic initiatives
- Provide training and coaching for other staff members as required
- Facilitate effective programme management, working closely with relevant stakeholders to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the project(s)
- Lead development and management of global pricing strategy
- Keep up with industry trends and challenge our ways of working
- Help countries produce accurate sales forecasts and budget requirements and support in ongoing financial performance
- Support development of Board of Directors presentation
This is a classic step out of consulting and into the healthcare/pharma/Lifesciences industry. We are looking for someone with a strong, generalist consulting skillset. No prior pharma/healthcare industry is required (although if you have it, that’s great).
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher
- At least 3 years of work experience in top tier Consulting firm or Pharmaceutical company
- Leadership skills and experience
- Management skills and experience
- Strong Organisational, Analytical and Presentation Skills
Our hiring manager is receiving all applications to his movemeon account so please click to apply. Compensation will be competitive for the industry and in line with your experience. A cover note always helps in order to understand your motivations. Kind regards!
At Movemeon, we connect (ex) consultants and freelancers with job opportunities, advice & events. Register now to view and apply to jobs, for insider advice & networking / industry events.