The successful candidate previously worked at PwC.
This company was supported by Max, Freelance Team Lead.
An in-depth description of the role
Start date: w/b 26th August or 2nd September
Length: 12-month with potential extension
Day rate: £800 – 1,200 depending on experience
Location: Central London
About the business
We are working with a leading property business with over £5bn under management. Given the current market challenges, they are looking to transform their property management service to pass these savings on to their customers.
Director of Transformation
This role is high profile in the business. You’ll report directly into the Head of Property, and the project will be sponsored by the CFO.
You will be responsible for identifying opportunities to improve customer service and drive business efficiencies. There is a potential impact of c. £40m to the business.
You will manage a team of 2/3 people, and will be able to draw upon the expertise across the business.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Developing and delivering process improvement techniques which will enhance the business performance, ensure shareholder value and improve customer service and quality across the Group:
- Operating model design and implementation
- Business architecture
- Process re-engineering
- Cost reduction / simplification
- Programme management
- Ensuring best practice is applied and being followed across all areas of the business including support services and locations throughout the UK
- Together with business units, running pilot scheme to test proposals before rolling out wider programme of change
- Developing ways to measure the impact of change on customer experience and business efficiency
- Strong people management to lead and direct the team in driving change
- Coaching, mentoring and influencing all employees
You will be responsible for tracking the success of new initiatives, reporting on financial impacts and assisting on all aspects of new process design for future propositions
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for an ex-consultant who has led previous transformation projects. We’d expect the candidate to have a minimum of 7 years’ experience in top-tier consulting and/or transformation roles. Specifically, they should exhibit:
- Experience in top-tier consulting firm (e.g., McKinsey, BCG, Bain, LEK, OC&C etc.)
- Proven track record in delivery of a number of similar sized projects with efficiency savings
- Demonstrated track record of leading on creating structure required to develop and deliver transformation programs
- Experience managing multiple projects
- A thorough understanding of a Target Operating Model framework
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent relationship / stakeholder management skills
- Excellent project management experience
- High levels of business acumen required to guide and influence decisions based on cost/benefit analysis to drive commercial outcomes
- Continuous improvement mindset with numerical awareness needed to justify business decisions
- Digital change, e.g. new technologies experience, delivery of innovative ideas would also be helpful
Related Case Studies
Commercial Manager at IWG
Successful candidate: 15 years of relevant experience and previously worked at Amazon
Senior Operations Consultant at the NHS
Successful candidate: ex-EY-Parthenon | Manager | Operations
Strategy and Transformation Associate at Upfield
Successful candidates: ex-McKinsey & Company | Associate | Strategy