Taptap Send advertised on Movemeon for a US Country Lead to own and develop US and Canada P&L for VC-backed, highly innovative mobile payments start-up.
The successful Movemeon candidate previously worked at Rocket Internet.
This company was supported by Laila, Client Success Manager.
The original job description
We are on a mission to bring affordable, instant, and convenient money transfer around the world. Right now, customers can send from the UK and the EU. We’re looking for a strong generalist who’s ready to pound the pavement and sweat the details with customers, regulators, and partners to help us open up access to Taptap Send in the US and Canada. You’ll tackle the operational aspects of scaling a company with a global footprint — opening new offices, obtaining regulatory licenses, and building back office processes. You will create a launch strategy for the US and Canada and build the team that can execute it. You will conduct customer research, plan events, design advertising campaigns both on and offline, and source and direct community ambassadors. After launching the service, you’ll transition into a Growth Director role and lead ongoing marketing efforts.
- Drive and lead key market expansion activities — you’ll draft policies, respond to requests from regulators, find office space, and build the partnerships required to accept customer payments in new sender markets
- Develop initial launch strategies — you’ll interview customers, analyze data, and design the strategy and sequencing for launching with a bang in new sender markets, including multi-channel marketing campaigns
- Build and manage regional growth marketing teams — you’ll build out teams of full and part time marketers and community ambassadors that will put Taptap Send on the map and power our growth
- 5+ years of experience in a high-performing, fast-paced environment (tech, professional services, political organizing or campaigning, etc.)
- Some experience with people management, including hiring and structuring teams
- Passion for working with and for migrant communities
- Creativity and communication skills to build a brand from scratch
- ‘No task too small’ mentality and willingness to delve into gritty details to get things done
- Experience building strong relationships with internal / external partners as well as executive leadership
- Proficiency in French or other languages preferred (surprise us!)
- Interest in consumer financial products and services, especially payments and/or remittances
- Frequent domestic travel
- Right to work in the USA (TN visas, H1B transfers, O1 also ok)
- Competitive salary (based on experience)
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Unlimited leave
- Flexible hours
- Regular team events
- Professional development opportunities (e.g. language lessons, trainings, etc.)
- Taptap equipment (laptop, accessories)
- Work from home desk stipend
- Impact first.
- Team next.
- Accept reality, propose solutions.
- Win with grit.
- Be proactively candid, with yourself and others.
- Love the particular.
- Own it.
- Create positive energy. Maybe, even have fun.
Related Case Studies
Category Manager (Strategy) at Manual
Successful candidate: 3 years of relevant experience and previously worked at L.E.K
Senior Special Projects Manager at Comply Advantage
Successful candidate: 20 years of relevant experience and previously worked at AT Kearney
Commercial Strategy Manager at Ocado Zoom
Successful candidates: ex-Bain & Company | Manager | Strategy