This European VC fund advertised on Movemeon for a VC Associate to develop and execute UK expansion strategy and provide portfolio support.
The successful Movemeon member previously worked at L.E.K.
This company was supported by Sabah, Client Success Manager.
We are a European VC fund with a mission is to make sure that good companies with big market potential don’t get lost in the startup shuffle, but instead do what they set out to do: bring a great idea to life, make excellent money and work with freedom and integrity. We have high expectations of the companies we invest in. And we’ve been very fortunate to get onboard with great companies that have made a lasting and positive impact. As a team, we have 15+ years’ experience from some of the most successful start ups in Europe and are now looking to build our team here in London.
We are looking for a superstar to to help oversee its portfolio of companies. The role will involve hands-on work in different roles across the portfolio, as well as support on general strategy and execution for the VC. This is an exciting chance to break into VC and work with a wide variety of industries. This role will be remote for the foreseeable future.
We are looking for an ex-consultant who has gained some hands-on experience at a startup or scaleup in the UK and now looking to enter the venture capital world. Requirements include:
- 2-3 years consulting or banking experience + 1 year start-up experience in the UK
- Strong communication skills – succinct slides, neatly presented Excel models and high-level emails
- Hustle and the ability to 80/20
- The ability to be flexible and balance competing priorities
What we offer
- Exciting opportunity to break into VC
- Competitive pay
- Chance to work with a cross section of startups (dark kitchens, eGaming, smart fridges amongst others)
- Remote working for 2020 until lockdown lifts with occasional travel to Barcelona and Paris after
- Up to £70k depending on experience
- 8% pension
- Work laptop and phone
- 28 days holiday, your birthday off
Related Case Studies
Senior Special Projects Manager at Comply Advantage
Successful candidate: 20 years of relevant experience and previously worked at AT Kearney
Commercial Strategy Manager at Ocado Zoom
Successful candidates: ex-Bain & Company | Manager | Strategy
Strategist (Snr Consultant level) at Booz Allen Hamilton
Successful candidates: ex-Booz Allen Hamilton | Associate | Strategy