This confidential company hired their VP of Transformation from the Movemeon community. The successful member previously worked at McKinsey.
If you are interested in finding out more, here is the original job description posted on Movemeon.
We are looking for an ex-top tier consultant to work with one of our PE portfolio businesses. They are a $100m + business, focused on tech manufacturing based in Singapore. We are open to global applications and will pay for travel and hotel expenses. The project will initially be 6-9 months but there will be potential for extension and a full-time position for the right candidate.
Start date: ASAP
Length: 6-12 months
Location: Singapore but can live anywhere globally (travel and accommodation expenses paid for)
Day rate: $700- £850 per day
We are working with a large cap PE fund, who are looking for a freelance manager to join one of their recently acquired portfolio businesses as a VP of Transformation. The business is in the tech manufacturing space, and was bought for $100m+.
The Portfolio business is looking for someone across EMEA, US or Asia Pac and will pay for travel and hotel expenses. You will be expected to be on the ground in Singapore regularly (4 days per week) but there are no requirements for where you are currently based.
You will be working directly with the Board level, and closely with the Operations team at the Portfolio Business. Given the importance of the role, and the high exposure to the exec, the role will have the potential to become a full-time role for the right candidate.
The key elements of the role will include:
- Develop 100-day plan and transformation strategy
- Work closely with Board and CEO to help initiate and deliver the key initiatives
- Work closely with the PE business to ensure overall strategy and transformation is on track
- Help drive pricing, operations, marketing, and sales initiatives for the business, resulting in a large impact on the bottom line
The role will have a high level of senior stakeholder engagement, with a huge potential impact to the business.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for an ex-strategy consultant in EMEA, US or Asia Pac to lead the transformation. Specifically, they will exhibit:
- 3-6 years at top-tier strategy consultancy (e.g., McKinsey, Bain, Booz, Roland Berger, Oliver Wyman, OC&C)
- Experience across key functional levers, including pricing, marketing, operations/ lean
- Experience working in PE will be helpful but not a requirement
- Experience working for manufacturing businesses will be helpful
- English is the only required language
Related Case Studies
Oxbow Partners hired a senior consultant
Candidate: Ex Bain consultant. Company: fast-growing strategy consultancy
Class 35 hired a Associate / Senior Analyst (Freelance)
Candidate: Previously worked at Accenture. Company: PE-backed startup consulting firm
FINYX hired a Senior Consultant
Candidate previously worked at KPMG. Company: Boutique consultancy