Large-cap PE Fund hired a VP of Transformation (Sydney). This role was viewed by 581 Movemeon members and received 62 applications.
The successful candidate previously worked at BCG.
This company was supported by Max, Freelance Team Lead.
An in-depth description of the role
Start date: ASAP
Length: 6-12 months
Location: Sydney but can relocate globally (travel and accommodation expenses paid for)
Day rate: $AUD 1400 to $1700 per day
We are working with a large-cap PE fund, who are looking for a freelance manager to join one of their retail portfolio businesses as a VP of Transformation. The business is in the retail sector, with revenues over $600m.
The Portfolio business is looking for someone across EMEA, US or Asia Pac and will pay for travel and hotel expenses. You will be expected to be on the ground in Sydney but there are no requirements for where you are currently based.
You will be working directly with the Board level, and closely with the Operations team at the Portfolio Business. Given the importance of the role, and the high exposure to the exec, the role will have the potential to become a full-time role for the right candidate.
The key elements of the role will include:
- Develop 100-day plan and transformation strategy
- Work closely with the Board and CEO to help initiate and deliver the key initiatives
- Work closely with the PE business to ensure overall strategy and transformation is on track
- Help drive pricing, operations, marketing, and sales initiatives for the business, resulting in a large impact on the bottom line
The role will have a high level of senior stakeholder engagement, with a huge potential impact to the business.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for an ex-strategy consultant in EMEA, US or Asia Pac to lead the transformation. Specifically, they will exhibit:
- 3-6 years at top-tier strategy consultancy (e.g., McKinsey, Bain, Booz, Roland Berger, Oliver Wyman, OC&C)
- Experience across key functional levers, including pricing, marketing, operations/ lean
- Experience working in PE will be helpful but not a requirement
- Experience working for manufacturing businesses will be helpful
- English is the only required language
Related Case Studies
Freelance Lead Operational Consultant at international PE fund
Successful candidate: extensive operational experience | Senior Manager | Strategy
Vertiv hired an EMEA Strategy and Transformation Manager
Successful candidate: ex-McKinsey. Company: Global leader in designing, building and servicing critical infrastructure.
Hg hired an Operations Manager (Interim, 6 months)
Successful candidate: ex-McKinsey. Company: 'DaaS' provider.