Worldpay hired a Product Partnerships & Strategy Manager. This role was viewed by 191 Movemeon members and received 30 applications.
The successful candidate previously worked at EY.
This company was supported by Sabah, Client Success Manager.
An in-depth description of the role
We are a global leader in the payments space. Following our recent merger with Vantiv, the new Worldpay combines deep payments expertise with a shared passion for our customers. It’s the perfect place for exceptional people to take their careers to the next level.
Our offices looking nothing like those of a financial services firm. That’s because we are first and foremost a high-growth tech firm and create fantastic working environments to match.
What working at Worldpay means
- Working smart, and always being on the lookout for a better way of doing things.
- Being spirited and passionate about payment, partners and people.
- Being supportive, and striving to do the right thing.
- Rising to new challenges and being inspired by new problems to solve.
- Proactively looking for new ways to make positive change.
- Achieving amazing results through insightful expertise, seamless delivery and building valued relationships. and building valued relationships.
- Asking the right questions, and not accepting ‘no’ for an answer.
- Being ambitious – making great things happen for everyone.
- Embracing possibilities and creating opportunities.
Our salaries are competitive. We also have a generous benefits package and bonus.
What we look for in our people
- Work Smart – We’re constantly curious, looking for brilliantly simple solutions and we make things happen and achieve amazing results.
- Be Spirited – We are passionate about payments, our customers and colleagues. We are resilient and courageous in our thinking and actions.
- Be Supportive – We care about each other, our customers and our company and we are open and direct in our approach. We are always striving to do the right thing in the right way.
About the role – Product Partnerships & Strategy Manager
Here at Worldpay, we have a set of Global Strategic Partners. The objective of this team is to support Worldpay in becoming / remaining the payments partner of choice for these organisations and their ecosystems. Through a combination of product management, business development, and effective partner relationship management, the the team is a key contributor to enabling commercial success across Worldpay.
The role involves delivering and managing key strategic product projects. This will involve internal key stakeholders and external third party technology providers. We are looking for people with the right transferable skill set, rather than prior payments industry experience.
- Manage relationships with a number of existing key partners
- Define & recruit key strategic commercial/technical partners, globally
- Work alongside the Director of the team to define, implement and manage a relevant portfolio of partners (attracting new partners as identified)
- Product manage integrations to the Global Strategic Partners. Including; owning roadmaps, internal education, pre sale tools, supplier relationships, contracts and become internal centre of excellence for GSP plugins.
- Build personal relationships with product leaders at our partners. Participate in relationship building activities and leverage industry and partner events to expand the value Worldpay brings to partners. Occasional travel may be required.
- Provide input to strategic product strategies/plans per Global Strategic Partner that provide a roadmap/vision to becoming the most used payments provider
- Support commercial teams with customer opportunities & initiatives helping increase number of leads, conversion of opportunities and retaining customers
About you – must haves
This role would suit someone who has a product experience first and foremost. Some experience in partnerships / business development / relationship management and strategy would be helpful (but not required). Outline requirements include:
- Product experience
- Strategic mind and skill set
- Previous relationship / partnership management preferred
- Ability to proactively identify & secure new partnerships
- A strong ability to ‘facilitate’ and influence both internally & externally
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Ability to quickly develop deep expertise on Worldpay offerings and the various platforms and technologies.
- Ability to collaborate with existing internal teams including Sales, Relationship management, Implementation, Operations and Product
- Self motivated
Nice to haves
- Ideally with a background in channel sales, demonstrating the ability to manage ‘virtual sales teams’
- Knowledge of Ecommerce platforms, subscription platforms, EPOS platforms Travel technology platforms Ticketing Systems and their corresponding technical / payments infrastructure
- Experience & understanding of the challenges involved in developing channel strategy, globally
- Sound knowledge of card schemes, payments and related regulations; prior experience in the industry
Deadline: Please submit your application before 12pm on Monday 29th July 2019
Our hiring manager is a movemeon member and the team is working with movemeon to hire for this role and others. We are receiving all applications via movemeon so please apply below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Related Case Studies
Shell hired a Strategy Consultant (2-3 months)
Successful candidate: ex-McKinsey. Company: Global group of energy and petrochemical companies.
Unit4 hired an M&A Consultant (2-3 months)
Successful candidate: ex-BCG. Company: Technology company providing software systems.
Landsec hired a Transformation Director (Freelance)
Successful candidate: ex-PwC. Company: leading property business with over £5bn under management.