British Land Plc is one of the largest property development and investment companies in the United Kingdom. It develops and finances a portfolio of high-quality properties.
They advertised on movemeon for a Freelance Consultant. The successful member previously worked at Property Partner and at EY.
About the role:
- Generate insights to help decision makers across all parts of the business
- Optimise asset performance, investment decisions and strategic direction
- Contribute to the development of the retail ; office strategy and BL’s external positioning with investors
- 3-5 years experience
- Experience of managing a budget of c. £500k
- Interest in property / real estate (useful)
Here is the full job description in case you are interested:
Start Date: Immediate / ASAP
Duration: 3 months (with likely extension). We’re open to discussing transitioning into a permanent Insight Manager upon project completion.
Location: London, UK
Day Rate: £300p/d – £450pd
Experience: 3-5 years at a leading consultancy. Proven strong analytical skills with experience in handling consumer and market data from multiple sources to deliver insight clearly, efficiently and effectively.
At British Land, we manage, develop and finance a portfolio of high-quality properties. We are a FTSE100 company structured as a Real Estate Investment Trust. Places People Prefer is at the heart of what we do, we create outstanding places that make a positive difference to people’s everyday lives. We are proud of the scale of our portfolio: Nearly 100,000 people live or work in our properties. They are visited around 350 million times each year and over 1,000 different organisations have chosen of our properties as their home. We have £20.0bn assets under management of which we own £14.6bn; our portfolio includes UK retail, Central London offices and prime residential. We have a small head office of around 250 people and outsource many aspects of our business; the size of our team encourages increased responsibility and entrepreneurialism.
The Freelance Insight Manager is one of three Insight Managers charged to generate insights to help decision makers across all parts of the business, optimise asset performance, investment decisions and strategic direction. The role specifically produces analysis contributing to development of the retail ; office strategy and BL’s external positioning with investors. The Freelance Insight Manager role will work with a broad cross-section of the business including the asset management, investment, development, sustainability, strategy, investor relations and offices teams, up to the most senior levels across retail and offices. The role will drive an insight culture by promoting the use of research, data, analytics and information to support the wider business in understanding where to play, how to win and how to measure the benefits.
How to win:
- Support the Asset Management team in bringing the best retailers, food ; beverage ; leisure operators on to British Land’s assets via the collation and communication of consumer ; retailer data, creating demand tension to achieve higher rents and ultimately increase the value of our assets.
- Utilise exit surveys, online surveys and mystery shopper programme to understand and report a joined up view on customer satisfaction to encourage visits to British Land’s assets vs the competitor set.
How to measure:
- Support Corporate ; Investor reporting with applicable analysis and insight provision.
- Budget responsibility to manage a supplier network to ensure the contracts for performance monitoring, data provision and marketing intelligence meet the development and asset management team’s objectives.
- Support the development team in understanding asset potential in terms of catchment opportunity, customer profiles, tenant fit and supporting work on residential and office potential.
- Proven strong analytical skills with experience in handling consumer and market data from multiple sources to deliver insight clearly, efficiently and effectively.
- Ability and experience of managing numerous projects at one given time.
- Experience of managing a budget of c. £500k.
- Strong ability to persuade and influence at senior management level.
- Interest/experience in the property real estate space a plus.
Related Case Studies
Hired: Mentoring Partnerships Manager
Candidate: Previously a consultant at Gartner. Company: The new movement from the UK’s Productivity Leadership Group (PLG). Read more...
Hired: Assistant Strategy Manager – Commercial Strategy
Candidate: Previously worked at EY. Company: UK’s leading digital retailers. Read more...
Hired: Omnichannel Consultant
Candidate: Previously worked at Gallup Consulting. Company: British telecommunications and internet service provider. Read more...